The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Changing courses during your time at UCL

I am right now still in school doing the IB but I was thinking about applying to UCL to study either Physics or astrophysics. Is it possible for me to choose one of the two courses now and then change later whilst I'm studying there, if I were to be accepted? Also, how easy would it be to switch these courses and until which year of studying am I allowed to do that.
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Thats very kind of you, thank you!
Original post by Marko Wojtkowiak
I am right now still in school doing the IB but I was thinking about applying to UCL to study either Physics or astrophysics. Is it possible for me to choose one of the two courses now and then change later whilst I'm studying there, if I were to be accepted? Also, how easy would it be to switch these courses and until which year of studying am I allowed to do that.

Hi Marko,

The first year of the physics and astrophysics courses are pretty much the same, so you can decide after that. The physics undergraduate tutor is great and always happy to chat about problems etc. Provided they have space, they'd probably let you change course until the end of first year!

Hope that helps

Quick Reply