The Student Room Group

Will a 5'0 guy be made fun of at uni? Am I too short?

Scroll to see replies

yes, they will put you on all fours and ride you around the campus like a poney...it's uni ffs...not 7th grade...
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by HorribleDude
yes, they will put you on all fours and ride you around the campus like a poney...it's uni ffs...not 7th grade...

Girls never take me seriously though
Original post by Anonymous
Hey! I'm a 5'0 white male. Next year I'm planning on going to uni. Will i be made fun of for my height? At school I'm just average for a year 7 and often get looks for my height. Some girls make fun of me at school and guys too.
Am I too short? Obviously people will find me odd but do they get used to it?
Also am I too short to realistcislly to get a girlfriend too?

Hey there, 5’0 is definitely not too small and if anyone says anything unkind about your height they’re probably just insecure so ignore them. Also, just from a females perspective I would personally much prefer a guy who is on the shorter side and has a great personality than a tall guy who has no personality whatsoever. Good luck with uni btw😀
Original post by Know Your Enemy
I know how it looks, but I did make it clear in reply #2 that I worded reply #1 very poorly. I do that sometimes. If you can't take that or my explanation seriously, that's your problem, not mine. :h:

Well you worded it poorly to the extent that it, apparently, was completely untrue..

well...then go on all fours and offer them a ride...you have to use all the advantages you can.
Original post by stirkee
Well you worded it poorly to the extent that it, apparently, was completely untrue..

I know. I admitted that. If OP accepts the explanation to what I meant, surely everyone else can.
Why worry? Not like you can do anything about it.

or..find the biggest guy around there...and pay him to let you beat him in front of the girls...insta popularity...and pussy access pass for 3 years.
Original post by Molly.Armstrong
Hey there, 5’0 is definitely not too small and if anyone says anything unkind about your height they’re probably just insecure so ignore them. Also, just from a females perspective I would personally much prefer a guy who is on the shorter side and has a great personality than a tall guy who has no personality whatsoever. Good luck with uni btw😀

Thanks!

Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Why worry? Not like you can do anything about it.

It's just hard being this small

or..find the biggest guy around there...and pay him to let you beat him in front of the girls...insta popularity...and pussy access pass for 3 years.

I do know a 6'8 guy! He's like twice my size though lol
I do know a 6'8 guy! He's like twice my size though lol

that's why I said "pay him"...or if you have even more money..and want a wife for life...pay him to take on the girl you wanna marry...then go and defend her...that's the marriage sorted out for you.
that's why I said "pay him"...or if you have even more money..and want a wife for life...pay him to take on the girl you wanna marry...then go and defend her...that's the marriage sorted out for you.

If only I could reach his face 😂
If only I could reach his face 😂

well...the balls are in range...
You're so rare!

Not in my ethnicty lol
Quite literally nobody gives a **** about how you look, height included.
-3rd year female student
Reply 54
Original post by trapking
This has to be a troll....like how can you be in year 7 but going to uni next year? What...

Am I the only one who picked up on this or...

Maybe he just meant that at his school, he has the average height of Year 7 students - not go to their classes
I'm 5' 1' and have been since year 8, I'm in y12 now. Some people do mention it, but just make a point about being short, and make it your 'quirk'. Think about it: Some people have an afro, some people are super clumsy, some people have a large mole on their cheek, some people are super tall, some people are short. None of these things are bad, or make you a lesser person, they are your own unique traits. Of course it will be mentioned by some, but just use it as a part of your character, not your personality, if you know what I mean? It's what people will think of when they hear your name, but it won't be what they remember what they think about you as a person. For sure there are girls out there who are around your height, and would definitely appreciate not needing heels or to reach their neck really far just to kiss you! If not, just wait till after 2 am, and pick up whatever's left :tongue: JK, I'm sure you'll find an amazing person. Good luck :smile:
Hey! I'm a 5'0 white male. Next year I'm planning on going to uni. Will i be made fun of for my height? At school I'm just average for a year 7 and often get looks for my height. Some girls make fun of me at school and guys too.

Probably but its banter - learn to laugh ffs

Although I can't really say as I'm also in sixth form, I would say if you made it through School then you can make it through anything because school is rife for immature annoying people who love themselves and will do anything to seem cool. People are generally more adult when they go to university. Also, don't let height be a factor of your future, height does not get you a degree or a good job (in 99.9999999% of jobs). Don't let people bully you out of success!
OP Im a 5ft female and Ive seen a few white guys and men around who are my height. Also quite a few who are not that much taller at 5ft2 - 5ft 3 maybe, these tend to be of ethinic origin but there are white guys too. Of course most are talller but its not exactly unique to be a short male. You shouldnt get made fun of in any serious way.
you're in year 7?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending