Is this effective revision for English Lit Watch

gotaquestion
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Basically, I hear a lot of people doing practice essays, but I mostly look at questions or think of thematic questions and write an essay plan

I also blurt all the quotes I can remember for a particular theme or questions from memory, then go back to my notes and add anything I forgot.

I did well in my mock exam (119/120!!!) but I think I guessed the question and really revised the big themes I guessed they would test us on...

Thoughts?

I feel like if you know enough quotes and links, you can always adapt your writing to the question with original inssight..

Does anyone recommend otherwise?

Like for poetry, for revision, I blurt out all the poem in order,\ (relative quotes only, i.e about 6-7 from each one, then write links for each quote for a theme or something)

then check

I think essays are too time consuming, obviously I have done lots of practice tests at school for timing, but I think the key is planning and knowing what to include/?
studyingmusic
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
IMO (Year 12 student tho so haven't been through the A Level exam yet myself) for English Lit the most important thing to revise is definitely the quotes. Have a good idea of themes I reckon, I like to make mindmaps based around different characters or themes with all the key quotes and points. Also, don't forget context points and stuff like that for the texts where you're assessed on that. I feel like a lot of the analysis towards the question can be done in the exam as long as you know some quotes that you can insert to back up your point.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (470)
66.67%
No (235)
33.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise