AQA History A level, Elizabeth I's Parliaments Watch

popefrancis266
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hi!

For anyone else doing AQA history A level (the Tudor England, 1485-1603 module) I was wondering, are you learning all of the events/significance/dates of Elizabeth I's Parliaments? As the Henrys called so few it wasn't too bad, but there's a massive table for Elizabeth's parliaments in the textbook. I'm worried if I miss out revising them I'll regret it, but I'm worried it's a waste of time if I do.

Thanks.
lowza
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I'm not learning the dates. You will never be asked about what happened at one specific parliament - you just need to be able to use information like that to make a judgement on her parliament's effectiveness really. Learn the wider picture first, then make your judgements, and then learn little dates and stuff like that if you have the time as they'll spruce up an essay - but I don't think it's necessary.
#clueless
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Personally, I'd remember some key examples where parliament nearly bested the Queen (such as during the 1559 Settlement) and where the Queen bested parliament (such as when Christopher Hatton decimated Turner's argument for Presbyterianism in 1584). Likewise, note when the Privy Council used Parliament to petition the Queen, such as when it came to a marriage alliance (such as Charles of Austria or the Duke of Alencon). A question will most likely focus Elizabeth's relationship with parliament or how effectively she governed, or her councillors governed. The only parliament I've bothered to know the name of is the Reformation Parliament; for Elizabeth it's just key that it wasn't in use for 29/45 years, it was called a mere 13 times, often for subsidies, all of which were granted, and how she suppressed freedom of speech and vetted/appointed all 460 member.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (112)
17.53%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (68)
10.64%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (110)
17.21%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (94)
14.71%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.86%
How can I be the best version of myself? (192)
30.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed