GCSE AQA Literature

Watch this thread
Eoj 0000
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm so lost with lit, I just have no idea how to revise. The questions could literally be on anything: theme/character/setting like what am I supposed to do?
Romeo and Juliet, The History Boys, Jane Eyre and Power and Conflict cluster
sanibonani
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
watch Mr Bruff videos on youtube, really good if you want higher grades.
emma.27
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I did Romeo and Juliet and the Power and Conflict cluster when I did my GCSE last year and I am doing English Lit A-Level now.
Obviously, know the plot as thoroughly as you can, because even if you forget actual quotes from the story, you can back up your ideas in your essays with brief examples. Watch the movies too if you fancy; they'll help you remember quotes too.
Themes are likely to come up, and in some questions you might have to connect a certain character to a certain theme (i.e. how does Shakespeare use the character of Tybalt to explore ideas about hatred and violence in Romeo and Juliet?') rather than just asking you to regurgitate all you know about a certain character.
Know a bit of historical context too - examiners like that.
Get yourself a text guide for the books you're studying too; York Notes is the standard one but the CGP ones are really good too, I used them a lot in my GCSE revision.

I hope that helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (27)
27.55%
As I expected (29)
29.59%
Harder (35)
35.71%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
7.14%

Watched Threads