The Student Room Group

English language creative writing?

I am trying to improve my creative writing skills so if anyone can grade my work and tell me what grade this would be.

The picture I used is a picture of a beach with a river and mountains in the background.

My writing:

Calm. Peaceful. Smooth. Walking on the beach water splashing; rocks are talking. An utterly amazing smell of the wind. Wind accelerating past me at the speed of light. At the far corner of the horizon mountains can be seen glaring at this beautiful place. Boats floating on top of the ocean.

On top of the mountain you can see a house build with antique bricks; the bricks are a beige colour. When you walk into the house it has broken furniture, door and windows are so antique that they are creaking and groaning. One of the windows is broken into one pieces screaming at me to put it back together. I can hear cows “mooing” I don, t know where it is coming from! From my head or outside? I steadily walk outside the house to check and it was in my head.

Creeped out I run to try to get away from the haunted house. Running and running lost my way back I came to an abandoned factory, it has a massive red colour name on it. Although this factory is abandoned the walls are new but the walls are as clean as a queens carpet. Slowly walking as I glare down to my feet, I accidentally stepped on a newspaper which had a title, the headline said: Grandparents killed their own grandchildren. Terrified by the title I kicked the newspaper and came outside the factory where there was a car, the car doesn’t seem to belong here. It is wrecked like it has been smashed into a million pieces.

Trying to find my way back I see a boat resting against a dock, it is made from a material I have never seen before, it looks priceless, it is shining and it is talking to me. Silently stepping inside I started to steer the boat and I could see the whole ocean from here, After a while I cam back to the place where I stated I came back to the beach.

The beach is soft smooth and silent.

Quick Reply

Latest