The Student Room Group

ABC Awards

Can anyone help me?
I'm 23 and thinking of going to uni, to do History/Archaeology.
I already have a Level 3 Extended diploma, but it's in Art & Design, so it's not something I could use to jump into a history degree.
So, I'm thinking of doing a history A Level or second Diploma. I have found a Diploma in Archaeology that I can do part time around work. However, it's a ABC award and I can't seem to find anything about UCAs points for this course?
I need some advise on whether I could use this towards getting into uni, or what may be better?
Original post by areynard95
Can anyone help me?
I'm 23 and thinking of going to uni, to do History/Archaeology.
I already have a Level 3 Extended diploma, but it's in Art & Design, so it's not something I could use to jump into a history degree.
So, I'm thinking of doing a history A Level or second Diploma. I have found a Diploma in Archaeology that I can do part time around work. However, it's a ABC award and I can't seem to find anything about UCAs points for this course?
I need some advise on whether I could use this towards getting into uni, or what may be better?

many ABC awards do not qualify for UCAS points. You should contact ABC.
What grades did you get in Art and design? You could see if they do the degree with a foundation year. You should check what the entrance requirements are for the courses you are interested in and whether an A level would be enough. You may have to consider an Access course.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
many ABC awards do not qualify for UCAS points. You should contact ABC.
What grades did you get in Art and design? You could see if they do the degree with a foundation year. You should check what the entrance requirements are for the courses you are interested in and whether an A level would be enough. You may have to consider an Access course.

I got Merit, Merit, Pass in art design.
I haven't thought about a foundation year! I think that could be a possibility.
As for access courses, I've not really been able to find any online ones, as I do work full time currently.
Original post by areynard95
I got Merit, Merit, Pass in art design.
I haven't thought about a foundation year! I think that could be a possibility.
As for access courses, I've not really been able to find any online ones, as I do work full time currently.

The problem is that Art and Design isnt very academic, so it may not be a preferred subject plus the grades arent that high.
A grade A in A level History may still be insufficient. Two A levels would probably be fine.
You should contact the unis directly.
Foundation year or Access course seems more likely.

If you work full time then you will either have to sacrifice that or consider online access course, which isnt ideal and can be more challenging without students and live classes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending