tlsp
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey - so I'm looking for a laptop for school, and was just wondering which is the best one I could get for under about £400. If anyone has any recommendations, that would be great!
tlsp
Rep:
?
Anyone?!
username47781
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by tlsp)
Anyone?!
Moved into the laptops section, more likely you will get a response here.
tlsp
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rock Fan)
Moved into the laptops section, more likely you will get a response here.
Thanks!
s.coyne
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
recommend at this price point a chromebook as they are the best thing for school use if you cant spend too much.
shamedan21
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by tlsp)
Thanks!
lenovo thinkpad x250 is what I have. It's small but not too small and has intel core i5 processor so its pretty quick and i use it for homework and study all the time. its perfect for me! I got it for like just under £300 but not sure if they still have the same model, i would suggest getting a newer model of the same laptop cos its great for work.
yeahthatonethere
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm no computer expert but for my A Levels I just recently got a Lenovo Ideapad 120S and it's great! It's lightweight and flexible and works brilliantly for what I use it for (web browsing, word, powerpoint, I can even play small steam games on it without much lag). The screen can be a little washed-out making it a bit annoying at times and sometimes keys double-press when I don't press them twice but overall it is brilliant and I'd definitely recommend checking it out. Again though, I'm no computer expert (at all!) and there may be better ones for the price but that's my experience
username612415
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by tlsp)
Hey - so I'm looking for a laptop for school, and was just wondering which is the best one I could get for under about £400. If anyone has any recommendations, that would be great!
https://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/80TH...0_2177744.html

7th gen i5 will happily handle basic student tasks and an SSD means it will feel nice and snappy.
Cacker
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Dell laptop and Hp laptop are great ,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (55)
22.73%
Excited but a bit nervous (110)
45.45%
Not bothered either way (32)
13.22%
I'm really nervous (45)
18.6%

Watched Threads