How does one tackle ‘A Christmas Carol’? Please. Any grade 7-9 student tips?

Watch
Hiro2468
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have my English Literature mock in 1 day and I’m stressing out because I haven’t done any notes or learnt any quotes. I barely understand the novella even though I reread the book and read the pages that’s before the story.

I don’t know how to write essay answers or answer the questions for ‘A Christmas Carol ‘ plus I can’t think of any fancy words to use in my essays. I want to write about context in each of my paragraphs but I don’t know how to link it to my quote.

Also I have a serious problem of when during my exams my mind goes completely blank that nothing comes to mind. Only when’s it 5mins left I just force myself to write anything and pray it gets me marks.
I can only write half a side of A4 which is pretty bad.

I desperately need help please as I don’t know how to get started on my revision or what to start first when revising A Christmas Carol. Do I even have enough time to at least revise? I just want a grade 6 but I don’t see it happening.

Any advice please?
IHateGCSEs17
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Try getting this book - it’s so helpful and I got a FP 8 in my exam just by reading through it. It might not help for your mock tomorrow but will help for your GCSE exam if you study it over a longer period of time.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01...u7L&ref=plSrch
Hiro2468
Rep:
?
(Original post by IHateGCSEs17)
Try getting this book - it’s so helpful and I got a FP 8 in my exam just by reading through it. It might not help for your mock tomorrow but will help for your GCSE exam if you study it over a longer period of time.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01...u7L&ref=plSrch
I have the book at home and it's a brilliant book! I'm just an idiot. But I'll definitely try understand the book and learn more new things from it.
Thank you anyway!
joshscott17
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Hiro2468)
I have the book at home and it's a brilliant book! I'm just an idiot. But I'll definitely try understand the book and learn more new things from it.
Thank you anyway!
how'd it go?
Hiro2468
Rep:
?
(Original post by joshscott17)
how'd it go?
It actually went quite well as we luckily got an easy question. Hopefully my grade matches how I feel. Thanks for asking
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (95)
13.91%
I'm not sure (32)
4.69%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (214)
31.33%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.34%
I'm not a current university student (326)
47.73%

Watched Threads