Am I fit for work tomorrow?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hiya. I know this is a bit gross but I have an 8 hour shift tomorrow at work. However for the past couple of weeks I've been having random diarrhea and I had my worst bout of it today. I think it is to do with the new meds I am on (was put on them a couple of weeks ago) but I am also extremely tired all the time and experiencing bad headaches.
Seeing as I am a barista in a coffee shop, I don't know whether or not to call in sick?? Thanks
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hiya. I know this is a bit gross but I have an 8 hour shift tomorrow at work. However for the past couple of weeks I've been having random diarrhea and I had my worst bout of it today. I think it is to do with the new meds I am on (was put on them a couple of weeks ago) but I am also extremely tired all the time and experiencing bad headaches.
Seeing as I am a barista in a coffee shop, I don't know whether or not to call in sick?? Thanks
Do not even think about going to work! Not only will it be bad for you but it will be ridiculously unhygienic. Do not go in.
LavenderBlueSky88
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Call In sick - you should wait 48 hours from your last episode of sickness/diahorrea especially working in catering. It’s probably in your works sickness policy somewhere.
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Call in sick and take that time to check in with pharmacy or GP. If it is related to your medication then it is okay to go to work as far as being contagious goes, but I would want to get some help to make sure there wouldn't be any unexpected episodes at work. Pharmacist or GP should be able to help you out with side effects.
Obviously hygiene is important too, but I'm sure you already wash your hands after going to the loo and things like that so that's fine.

The rule about waiting two days after having sickness or diorreha is because they can be caused by contagious things. If it is caused by something contagious then going in too soon can mean you spread that sickness to other people. If you know that yours is caused by something non-contagious like medication then it's just poop like any other. No worries about it being contagious.

Be sure to drink loads too. Being physical I'll means a lot of fluid leaving your body. That can make you dehydrated and that can make you feel much more ill including giving you headaches.

Hope that helps
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Kindred)
Call in sick and take that time to check in with pharmacy or GP. If it is related to your medication then it is okay to go to work as far as being contagious goes, but I would want to get some help to make sure there wouldn't be any unexpected episodes at work. Pharmacist or GP should be able to help you out with side effects.
Obviously hygiene is important too, but I'm sure you already wash your hands after going to the loo and things like that so that's fine.

The rule about waiting two days after having sickness or diorreha is because they can be caused by contagious things. If it is caused by something contagious then going in too soon can mean you spread that sickness to other people. If you know that yours is caused by something non-contagious like medication then it's just poop like any other. No worries about it being contagious.

Be sure to drink loads too. Being physical I'll means a lot of fluid leaving your body. That can make you dehydrated and that can make you feel much more ill including giving you headaches.

Hope that helps
Thank you very much for your reply!! I've decided not to go into work today as I've still got this upset stomach and I'm shattered. I'm not too sure what is causing it. But I'm going to give my GP a ring tomorrow
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
Thank you very much for your reply!! I've decided not to go into work today as I've still got this upset stomach and I'm shattered. I'm not too sure what is causing it. But I'm going to give my GP a ring tomorrow
sorry these people are wrong. go into bloody work.

buy some immodium - you can buy supermarket/chemists' own brand of immodium (loperamide) for like 30p per capsule and they work remarkably well (not the Instant ones)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (226)
43.21%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (58)
11.09%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (40)
7.65%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (112)
21.41%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (59)
11.28%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (28)
5.35%

Watched Threads