The Student Room Group

Should I apply for the OU?

I’m 21 so younger than the average mature student but still classed as one. I only came out of college with 2 a levels at grade D due to personal issues at the time. I’m currently at a stage where I’d like to go to university and work on getting a degree to then start a career. There aren’t any access courses near me so I applied for an online one last year but ended up dropping it as the tutors were terrible and SO rude. Obviously that screwed me over as I already took out the loan so I cannot take out another and I can’t really afford to pay for another access course. I’ve looked into retaking a levels but that will take so long and it’s really hard to do for science (which is what I would want to take) as you have to do the practicals somewhere. I’ve finally looked into the OU and was wondering if people recommend it? How good are the tutors? I’d be looking to study something like forensic psychology, my only concern is loneliness..does anyone have any experience with the OU and could tell me whether it sounds like a good decision for me? Thank you
Hi there, I appreciate you posted this a month ago, so I hope you have been able to find some answers since. I would highly recommend the OU for their foundation courses. I completed one in 2012 called Making Sense of the Arts whilst I was in full-time employment. I really enjoyed it and the tutor was great. Plenty of support too. I was originally going to study for a degree with the OU but due to other life 'stuff' at the time, I took a break and in the end, left work last year and started at Kent instead. My A-Levels from years ago were only very average grades but those combined with the OU and some other things I've done were enough to get me into Kent. Anyway, hope that helps.
OU has a forum on thia website. Go have a look and read, lots info from topics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending