Parents wants me to be a doctor

Watch
Faha_17
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
My parents want me to become a doctor. I’d love to do medicine for them just so they feel proud of me. However my grades aren’t as good and I try and try but I just don’t meet the requirements. That is one of the major reasons I have lost interest in medicine. I will be applying for uni later on this year with my mock results from June but I am so scared they won’t turn into what I want them to be
mygradesarecrap
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
At end of day all you can do is try your best
I thought i could aim for medicine
Even after hard work i didnt get the grades in gcse so i knew there wasnt a point doing medicine if i cant hack etting 10 A* in gcse... so i thought of doing biomedical science or pharmacy.
Not happy with my uni course i do now so if you TRULY want to do medicine then work yo butt off. Youre lucky that was just your mocks... so you now have a second chance for the real things

If you are allowed to study abroad... bulgaria (2hour flight from the UK) accept medicine/dentistry students with CRAP grades like even DDD students
Moajority of the uni is international students and 99% of them are UK students... so its basically like going to any other uni tbh.
Little Popcorns
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Erm do you actually want to do medicine or is it just to make your parents proud?

Maybe you should consider getting a tutor?
bulgylau
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by mygradesarecrap)
If you are allowed to study abroad... bulgaria (2hour flight from the UK) accept medicine/dentistry students with CRAP grades like even DDD students
Moajority of the uni is international students and 99% of them are UK students... so its basically like going to any other uni tbh.
this is ******ed. literally spewing garbage.

gone are the days of Bulgarian uni's accepting any old applicant. we pride ourselves of having world class degrees in medicine and dentistry, which are recognised by the EU

A) you'll need to pass an entrance examination in Biology and chemistry and I also believe physics and mathematics, which is set to a similar standard as the UK a levels.

I don't think a DDD candidate would be able to cope.

B) majority of the uni is bulgarian. you will need to take bulgarian language courses (even though the med/dentistry course is in English). you will also need to take a Latin course, as the teaching of medicine is far more traditional in bulgaria than in UK. I mean years 1 and 2 are going to be basically all theory.

C) the OP is probably asian, Bulgarians are known to be very patriotic and he'd or she'd probably have a very difficult time adjusting.

SOURCES: I AM BULGARIAN
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by bulgylau)
this is ******ed. literally spewing garbage.

gone are the days of Bulgarian uni's accepting any old applicant. we pride ourselves of having world class degrees in medicine and dentistry, which are recognised by the EU

A) you'll need to pass an entrance examination in Biology and chemistry and I also believe physics and mathematics, which is set to a similar standard as the UK a levels.

I don't think a DDD candidate would be able to cope.

B) majority of the uni is bulgarian. you will need to take bulgarian language courses (even though the med/dentistry course is in English). you will also need to take a Latin course, as the teaching of medicine is far more traditional in bulgaria than in UK. I mean years 1 and 2 are going to be basically all theory.

C) the OP is probably asian, Bulgarians are known to be very patriotic and he'd or she'd probably have a very difficult time adjusting.

SOURCES: I AM BULGARIAN
I have family friends that study in plovdiv uni in bulgaria... also a friend whos family owns tutelage (an application agency) and yes they manage to get D grade student (aslong as they pass the entry exam)
Maybe some one might have flopped their a-levels (for whatver reason like a family death) but was expected A*s.

Have you even watched study medicine in bulgaria videos... it is FULL of UK Asians.

My family friends fit in fine being asian and even the muslim students fit in fine.

Try watching youtube videos from actual students studying in bulgaria... not everyone is close minded in bulgaria.
username3832246
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do you think you qualify for the access courses? Check those out maybe.
bulgylau
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have family friends that study in plovdiv uni in bulgaria... also a friend whos family owns tutelage (an application agency) and yes they manage to get D grade student (aslong as they pass the entry exam)
Maybe some one might have flopped their a-levels (for whatver reason like a family death) but was expected A*s.

Have you even watched study medicine in bulgaria videos... it is FULL of UK Asians.

My family friends fit in fine being asian and even the muslim students fit in fine.

Try watching youtube videos from actual students studying in bulgaria... not everyone is close minded in bulgaria.
sorry, I have Bulgarian friends back home living in the same apartment complex as I do who study in Bulgaria. I HAVE BEEN ON CAMPUS, I mean fgs I snuck in a lecture last summer.

And I suppose Plovdiv lets in people who aren't as intelligent, but Sofia medical university which is the best in the country and the one I live next is much more selective. And trust me to your face we don't mind, but the things we call you in Bulgarian. it's funny because you don't realise :lol:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (134)
14.82%
I'm not sure (40)
4.42%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (273)
30.2%
I have already dropped out (22)
2.43%
I'm not a current university student (435)
48.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed