Have stereotypes with your ethnicity/race/culture affected your dating life?

Watch
srish25
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi guys, I'm a Masters student in Visual Culture at UCL. I'm building a photography portfolio for one of my modules. I was interested in understanding how someone's race/ethnicity/culture affected their dating life. I feel sometimes a socio-cultural identity comes before one's individuality and wanted to know if people here have had such experiences.
I was hoping to find participants in London who wouldn't mind sharing their story with me and sitting for a portrait. I'll pay for your expenses but won't be able to remunerate you otherwise. But I hope you'll find this an interesting enough project to participate in!
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by srish25)
Hi guys, I'm a Masters student in Visual Culture at UCL. I'm building a photography portfolio for one of my modules. I was interested in understanding how someone's race/ethnicity/culture affected their dating life. I feel sometimes a socio-cultural identity comes before one's individuality and wanted to know if people here have had such experiences.
I was hoping to find participants in London who wouldn't mind sharing their story with me and sitting for a portrait. I'll pay for your expenses but won't be able to remunerate you otherwise. But I hope you'll find this an interesting enough project to participate in!
Not in my experience.
higgs334
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by UWS)
Not in my experience.
Thank you for that insight im sure this will be invaluable to OP
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by higgs334)
Thank you for that insight im sure this will be invaluable to OP
Bumped it for the OP but thanks for your insight too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.76%
Okay (110)
29.02%
A bit lacking (141)
37.2%
Not good at all (91)
24.01%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed