What do you do on the night/morning of the exam Watch

YouAreAYute
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
asking now, so i dont get stressed before gcses lol

what do you do the night before/morning of the exam?
do you read the whole textbook, or do questions, focus on something specific or go over it as a whole?

any tips?
Radioactivedecay
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Best thing I found was to finish all revision a day or two before and do no revision at all the night before the exam, it really helped me cuz I wasn't stressed or nervous at all and was able to perform much easier.
WEASEL espinoza
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
All I know is that I make sure I have a **** beforehand so I won't need it during the exam
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
I had a bit of a night routine, but it's different for everyone I guess. I'm really close to my family, so I usually sat down with one of them for around 1-2 hours, and just talked them through all of the stuff I had learned about the subject, whilst drinking lots of water. I then did about 45 mins of Zumba (any type of exercise is good, this was just my preference), whilst drinking more water again. This is because I then knew that all of the content was fresh in my mind, I had had some movement so I would be able to sleep well, as I would be too tired to start stressing and keeping myself awake. Drinking a lot on the morning of an exam is not great, as you will need to pee a lot, or you will get stressed that you will need to, so you have another thing to worry about, so it's best to hydrate the night before. I had something easy, but plain for breakfast, preferably something without a lasting taste, as you don't want an 'icky' mouth when you get to the exam as you can't take gum with you. Plain Shreddies with milk is a good option, steer clear from fruit, but drink some orange juice before you eat to wake you up. I Invested in some cod-liver oil capsules (the ones from Lidl are fine, and don't break the bank, they also don't taste of anything, don't worry!) to have in the mornings, as they can help your brain to be quicker. If you don't feel hungry, just have a little, but don't force yourself. It's better to take a snack for after the exam. Fruit is good then, as it has sugar to keep you going, but it won't make you 'crash' later whilst you are revising again as sugary snacks will. Having a snack also gives you something to look forward to, and do when you feel disorientated after the exam (It does feel a bit weird once it's done! I guess it's what film makers feel like if they burn a building for a movie.)

That's a pretty long routine, but I did end up getting a five A's and 7A*'s in the old terms, which I know isn't as good as some of the other people here, but was the best in my school.

I hope it goes well, and this helps you

Bonus: Tape your exam timetable to your wall, and use a massive sharpie once they are done to scribble them out
username2684465
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
panic
yeahthatonethere
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Revise in the run up then cram a day or two before. The night before I'll do flash cards of my weakest topics then go to bed earlier than normal to try and make sure I get some sleep!

What I do in the morning depends on if it's a morning or afternoon exam. If it's a morning one I'll do flash cards on my hour bus journey than ask any last minute questions to my teacher when I get into college or just chill out and have a breakfast meal for half an hour.

If it's an afternoon exam I pace nervously around my house for a few hours then get an early bus cause I'm bored and then revise a bit when I get there, have some lunch with friends, etc. Or if it's anything like last year I'll play a bit of Mario kart before my AS Exam then panic about wasting time before going in 😂
SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It depends on the person.. but make sure you have a good breakfast (not too much not too little). Your breakfast should have complex carbs, and even better healthy fats /protein. As apparently energy from protein + fats lasts even longer.

If your exam is in the afternoon then it doesn't hurt to read over your notes and do a practice paper/essay or 2 .

Also your mindset during the exam is very important. Relax your body by smiling and be confident even if you have to fake it
Bulletzone
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Eat.
Go to Bed.
Eat whilst in bed (no joke).
Sleep.
Wake up.
Eat.
Go to school.
Eat a Banana.
Exam.
YouAreAYute
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I had a bit of a night routine, but it's different for everyone I guess. I'm really close to my family, so I usually sat down with one of them for around 1-2 hours, and just talked them through all of the stuff I had learned about the subject, whilst drinking lots of water. I then did about 45 mins of Zumba (any type of exercise is good, this was just my preference), whilst drinking more water again. This is because I then knew that all of the content was fresh in my mind, I had had some movement so I would be able to sleep well, as I would be too tired to start stressing and keeping myself awake. Drinking a lot on the morning of an exam is not great, as you will need to pee a lot, or you will get stressed that you will need to, so you have another thing to worry about, so it's best to hydrate the night before. I had something easy, but plain for breakfast, preferably something without a lasting taste, as you don't want an 'icky' mouth when you get to the exam as you can't take gum with you. Plain Shreddies with milk is a good option, steer clear from fruit, but drink some orange juice before you eat to wake you up. I Invested in some cod-liver oil capsules (the ones from Lidl are fine, and don't break the bank, they also don't taste of anything, don't worry!) to have in the mornings, as they can help your brain to be quicker. If you don't feel hungry, just have a little, but don't force yourself. It's better to take a snack for after the exam. Fruit is good then, as it has sugar to keep you going, but it won't make you 'crash' later whilst you are revising again as sugary snacks will. Having a snack also gives you something to look forward to, and do when you feel disorientated after the exam (It does feel a bit weird once it's done! I guess it's what film makers feel like if they burn a building for a movie.)

That's a pretty long routine, but I did end up getting a five A's and 7A*'s in the old terms, which I know isn't as good as some of the other people here, but was the best in my school.

I hope it goes well, and this helps you

Bonus: Tape your exam timetable to your wall, and use a massive sharpie once they are done to scribble them out
prsom but woowww, thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who do you think will be the next PM?

Boris Johnson (162)
74.31%
Jeremy Hunt (56)
25.69%

Watched Threads