Mcgreggorrrrrrrr
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm only taking an AS in physics. So I'll have 20 days to focus on AS physics alone. Possible to go from a high C to an A??

If so, how?

Thanks in advance
akash3141
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by lion-tiger)
I'm only taking an AS in physics. So I'll have 20 days to focus on AS physics alone. Possible to go from a high C to an A??

If so, how?

Thanks in advance
Lol, 3-4 days is more than enough if you're gonna spend them just on physics and nothing else. The practical stuff is really hard though so that might take longer but 20 days is TOO much time, in my opinion.

Maybe it's just me though. I'd do a topic or two a day? Like particles and EM radiation, photoelectric effect etc. on day 1, mechanics & materials on day two etc.
iMacJack
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
By not asking if you can do it, and simply doing it! Get off and go revise your ass off
Mcgreggorrrrrrrr
Rep:
?
(Original post by akash3141)
Lol, 3-4 days is more than enough if you're gonna spend them just on physics and nothing else. The practical stuff is really hard though so that might take longer but 20 days is TOO much time, in my opinion.

Maybe it's just me though. I'd do a topic or two a day? Like particles and EM radiation, photoelectric effect etc. on day 1, mechanics & materials on day two etc.
Ye though what about past papers? Especially the new spec is a bit harder imo
Mcgreggorrrrrrrr
Rep:
?
(Original post by iMacJack)
By not asking if you can do it, and simply doing it! Get off and go revise your ass off
Do you have any advice? Any tips ?
iMacJack
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do you have any advice? Any tips ?
Target specific weak points, read the book, do summary questions then do timed exam questions.
Mcgreggorrrrrrrr
Rep:
?
(Original post by iMacJack)
Target specific weak points, read the book, do summary questions then do timed exam questions.
Which books would you recommend?
Mcgreggorrrrrrrr
Rep:
?
(Original post by akash3141)

If you took/taking physics, what advice do you have ?
Bulletzone
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Took Physics.
Made the mistake of not doing past paper questions.
Got a B overall (3 or 4 marks from an A):
A in depth of physics (OCR A)
and
B in breadth of physics (OCR A).

Just do questions. questions and questions.
If you have any weak areas go over the content and do questions for those weak areas.
Try and apply physics to everyday life as well, this shall help you remember things.
AydanHowell
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you don't already, check out the CGP books, they're really useful!
akash3141
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm not the best person to give advice about physics but I did this for chemistry and i'm planning on doing it for physics so all I did was just plan to do like a topic or two a day. My advice would be to just REALLY UNDERSTAND IT WELL because trust me exam questions are EXTREMELY RANDOM and only if you understand it really well will you the where the most remote links are.
Hope that helps and sorry i'm not much use lol
thotproduct
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
AS Physics pupil on OCR A, on an A

physicsandmathstutor
physicsandmathstutor
physicsandmathstutor
physicsandmathstutor
physicsandmathstutor
physicsandmathstutor

and when you've done with that

more physicsandmathstutor

Also some good youtube channels like A Level Physics Online help out a lot.
Mcgreggorrrrrrrr
Rep:
?
bump
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (658)
33.54%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (834)
42.51%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (381)
19.42%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.54%

Watched Threads