The Student Room Group

How much should i be for GCSE afyer the easter break?

I want to start getting properly into revision right after the holiday and revise consistently. How many hours should I be revising per day and is there any techniques on making sure I don't get bored during long revisions sessions? Thanks for any help :biggrin:
You should have started revising a lot earlier, however, if you are smart enough and you know you're content fairly well you should be able to finish your revision with ease. I have no idea what the new GCSE spec is like, however, I will recommend studying for at least 3 or 4 hours on weekdays, and 6-7 on the weekends.

I am currently in year 12 and as my AS Exams are approaching, I spent around 6-8 hours a day on revision. I used to go to the library (alone) as it was less distracting. What I did is whenever I got bored or felt like I couldn't study, I used to walk around a little bit, watch some youtube or something for 15 minutes and then start studying again. As a reward for revising for 7 hours, I used to reward myself with doing whatever I wanted for the rest of the day. I did that daily and have basically covered all of maths and most of physics during this time. I am generally strong in computer science and had therefore decided to leave it for school days. I finished topics in the first week and then did papers on the second. For yourself, I would suggest doing chunks of your subjects, daily, while taking small breaks. I'd suggest starting off with the weakest subjects and doing your strongest at the end. I would also highly suggest doing maths daily and practising English Language papers. They are literally the most important subjects and no matter how good you are at them, I'd recommend doing them daily.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind 😁😁 what grades did you end up getting?
It’s not too late to start revising, i started 2 weeks after easter (i wouldn’t recommend it) the sooner u start the better. Make sure you sit and learn the content fully for all your subjects and then just do questions questions questions. There’s no point trying questions if you haven’t learnt the content. Sit and revise solidly get all the knowledge then literally do as many past papers as you can.

I came out with 9A*s 1A 2B’s but I pick up thing easily so don’t follow my footsteps and leave it late. I wouldn’t say base ur revision on time, base it on the content u need to revise. The way i did it is i’d pick certain subjects each day and topics in those subjects and i’d list everything i needed to revise that day and sit and just revise it that way i knew what i had left to do, personally timing how long i studied didn’t work for me.

This personally worked for me it might not for others tho.
Hope this helps 💖
Reply 4
Good jobb:biggrin: were your grades already predicted quite highly before you started revising?
my predicted grades weren’t high but my school has a stupid system where the teacher doesn’t do the predictions a computer does it when u sit this test and i never took that seriously so i predicted C in everything except PE which i got predicted B. But to be honest you know ur own capability, once you start doing practice papers you’ll understand urself what kinda level ur at.
but seriously start properly revising. i left it so late on the night of all my exams i was revising all night slept from 3am-4am i just went about it all wrong GCSE’s couldve been more chilled for me if i revised earlier.
Reply 7
Thanks dude 😀😀 you've been really helpful
Reply 8
Good luck in your A-Levels!!
thankyou good luck to u too for ur gcses!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending