Bobble3
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have done 0 hours of revision for my A-Levels. Im taking maths, economics and politics. I have just done a round of mocks where I got C in econ, C in politics and a D in Maths. Ive been predicted an A, C and a D respectively. I am absolutely bricking it and feel like I am going to absolutely fail especially since I need 3 A's to meet my offer. Can I fix it this late?
Ray_Shadows
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
of coruse , just get of tsr and buckle down to it with countless past paper

gl
Secret Soul
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Plenty of time.

For maths - complete your boards past papers and then the Solomon papers.
flash cards for economics and politics?
Bobble3
Rep:
?
Ive got like a final round of mocks for maths coming up in like a week. What do I tell my teacher and head of year when I absolutely flunk it?
🦁Road to A** 🦁
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It isn’t impossible, you have ~7 weeks left and even though you’re doing hard subjects there are definitely people out there who got 3 A* in 7 weeks.Time is the most important essence that you have, pick a CGP book and revise.Do you now how many kids are in the world who just want education even if it means that they will have a test(s) in 7 weeks?A-levels are one step closer to be someone or something that has the ability to achieve greater heights.Sleep at 10 o’clock and wake up at 4 am, to do what you may ask?REVISE, never give up
Hello1236969
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Try wat u can. Otherwise u can always retake. You havent failed son. Theres always alternatives.
grumpy_ghost
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Mate chill.
Honestly maths you can get higher you've just got to consume every possible paper out there, Economics ngl you've got to do as many long answer (like 25 mark) questions as possible on pretty much every topic on the syllabus, even if you only do it once it'll help (but otherwise just go through each topic and go over the main parts) that might not get you an A but it'll get you at least a B. No idea about politics tho soz
Bobble3
Rep:
?
Im also resitting a unit from gov pol and 3 units from maths. So my first exams start in 30 days. They are resits.
Hello1236969
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Bobble3)
Im also resitting a unit from gov pol and 3 units from maths. So my first exams start in 30 days. They are resits.
wat boards
Lxxa14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I do the exact same subjects as you. I don’t think it’s too late. For maths do loads of past papers, identify you weaknesses and work on them. For politics make loads of essay plans and perhaps flash cards for key quotes, fact and definitions. For economics do questions and revise content by making and going through flash cards.
Svesh
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Secret Soul)
Plenty of time.

For maths - complete your boards past papers and then the Solomon papers.
flash cards for economics and politics?

Just wondering why do people recommend solomon papers? What is it and arent board papers enough
Hello1236969
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by lonyeka)
I do the exact same subjects as you. I don’t think it’s too late. For maths do loads of past papers, identify you weaknesses and work on them. For politics make loads of essay plans and perhaps flash cards for key quotes, fact and definitions. For economics do questions and revise content by making and going through flash cards.
what boards do u do for maths econ and politics
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have done 0 hours of revision for my A-Levels.
... then do some revision?
Bobble3
Rep:
?
I do AQA for econ, Edexcel for maths and AQA for politics
Lxxa14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Hello1236969)
what boards do u do for maths econ and politics
Maths - OCR Mei
Economics - Edexcel A
Government and politics - Edexcel units 3B and 4B
Bobble3
Rep:
?
Doing Unit 1, unit 3b and 4b for gov pol. For maths Im doing c1, c1, c3, c4, s1, m1. Would say I am shaky on all of gov pol. Am confident on c1, m1. Could fix up stats and c2 with like 10 hours of solid work. c3 and c4 are giving me nightmares. Econ is probably my best.
Hello1236969
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by lonyeka)
Maths - OCR Mei
Economics - Edexcel A
Government and politics - Edexcel units 3B and 4B
ah, how u finding mei maths? mocks? comprehension etc.
TheYearNiner
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have done 0 hours of revision for my A-Levels. Im taking maths, economics and politics. I have just done a round of mocks where I got C in econ, C in politics and a D in Maths. Ive been predicted an A, C and a D respectively. I am absolutely bricking it and feel like I am going to absolutely fail especially since I need 3 A's to meet my offer. Can I fix it this late?
adam gog is that u?
Hello1236969
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Doing Unit 1, unit 3b and 4b for gov pol. For maths Im doing c1, c1, c3, c4, s1, m1. Would say I am shaky on all of gov pol. Am confident on c1, m1. Could fix up stats and c2 with like 10 hours of solid work. c3 and c4 are giving me nightmares. Econ is probably my best.
wat boards? c3 and c4 is a horror for everyone, dont stress.

whens your first exam by the way?
iamadoctorsson
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do an Access to Higher Education Course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (76)
11.71%
Virtual campus tours/open days (158)
24.35%
Live streaming events (52)
8.01%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (59)
9.09%
A uni comparison tool (151)
23.27%
An in-person event when available (153)
23.57%