The Student Room Group

I've had enough...

I've just come back to university after the Easter Holidays and I'm not feeling motivated at all. I can't even be bothered eating or unpacking and I have almost two months left here...
I'm not really close to anyone and my course isn't very stimulating... the actual work is fine but I don't learn anything in lectures/seminars.
A lot of things are irritating me that shouldn't and I feel like I'm shutting myself in my room for no reason.
I used to have depression and anxiety and I'm scared that I might have it again 😢
I don't know how to get through the next two months(ish) nevermind the 2 years after that..
see a doctor fam they can help.
Reply 2
Original post by Pom_Bear
see a doctor fam they can help.

They just give you tablets 😢
Original post by uniisstress

Are they not useful?
Have you tried listening to podcasts? It helps you feel not so alone, and gives you a lot of different views on loads of topics, it doesn't even have to be educational, just a simple chatty-type of podcast. Sorry to hear you are feeling the way you are, but getting a refreshing perspective can really help boost your mood in bad times.

Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by uniisstress

Your doctor can also refer you for other therapies for anxiety/depression, like CBT or whatever. If tablets you had before didn't work, they might be able to try you out on some different ones.

You could also see if your university or any local charities offers counselling or talking therapies.

Try to take care of yourself, even though it's really hard when you're feeling low. Find some quick meals to eat or get your favourite takeaway, do a little bit of unpacking (maybe listen to your favourite music while doing it), have a go at something you normally enjoy, and maybe plan in a treat for the end of this week, whether that's playing a sport or watching a film or whatever.

I would say just take it one day at a time, but if you've always found your course isn't stimulating, maybe have a think about whether it's the right thing for you right now. I know you said you're not very close to anyone at uni, but is there anyone else you could talk to, like your mum or a friend from home?

(I'm not a doctor or anything. Just someone who had depression for several years)

Quick Reply

Latest