Primary and Early Years PGCE interview 2018 help

Watch
una_bren
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi

I have received my interview date for the Early Years and primary PGCE in Warwick Uni for the 8th of May and would be super thankful for any advice. I'm in a bit of a panic as I won't have sat my skills tests yet- I am sitting the tests in June. Will this affect my chances? I would really appreciate some advice on the maths and English tests on the day? What should I be revising?

Also you're asked to present a 5 minute presentation on a current issue in education without the use of PowerPoint? As an undergrad I used PowerPoint for all presentations so unsure on how to prepare for this.

I am currently a manager of a creche and preschool in Ireland with a degree in Early Childhood Education so hoping I'll be ok with any lesson based questioning regarding lesson planning and delivery and working with children directly.

Sorry for the long post!
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help
Lken2018
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, There are some useful practice tests for the skills tests on the government website! Just search online and it will help you get an idea of what kind of things will come up. Also, for a five minute presentation - which isn't very long - I suggest printing off material for the people you will be presenting to? If that is at all possible? We had to do this in some of our presentations at uni instead of using PowerPoint and it was very useful as people could refer to the handout instead. Hope this helped a little!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (61)
17.38%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (97)
27.64%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (134)
38.18%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (48)
13.68%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.13%

Watched Threads