The Student Room Group

Question regarding income & maintenance loan.

Hi all, just a quick one. I live with my girlfriend away from home which I understand to be a factor in applying for student maintenance loan as it takes into account our combined income for assessment.

My question is, it states that it is taxable income, sorry to sound silly here but let's say for example our combined total salary were to be 50,000 does that mean the entirety is taxable or is is salary minus personal allowance (like 11,000 or something) for each of us, equating to 28,000 as the taxable amount?

Hope this makes sense
Original post by Designeronearth
Hi all, just a quick one. I live with my girlfriend away from home which I understand to be a factor in applying for student maintenance loan as it takes into account our combined income for assessment.

My question is, it states that it is taxable income, sorry to sound silly here but let's say for example our combined total salary were to be 50,000 does that mean the entirety is taxable or is is salary minus personal allowance (like 11,000 or something) for each of us, equating to 28,000 as the taxable amount?

Hope this makes sense

You put down your whole income.

Quick Reply

Latest