The Student Room Group

What is it like to study Computer Science at King's College London?

Hey everyone,

I'm an IB student, predicted 42/45 points, and deciding between my offers right now. For my insurance choice, I'm trying to decide between KCL, Edinburgh, and Warwick. What do you think of the CS program at KCL? How do you think it compares to some of the universities listed above? I should mention that I want to do as much math in the course as I can, and that I want to specialize in artificial intelligence or computational mathematics. I also plan on living in the US long-term.

Thanks!
CS at King's had very little maths, and where it does it is very mundane. The course is ok in general.

Warwick's course is more mathematical and also lets you take modules outside your course (1 each year i think), which king's only lets you in your final year.

Can't say anything about Edinburgh but can imagine is also good.
Computer Science at KCL is really good, I know 2 people who studied Computer Science there. It's not mathematically intense though, did you consider the one at Imperial?
For the ones studying CS in King's, what would you suggest I could look at before starting the course? Java? C++? Or any other?
Reply 4
Java for sure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending