faisalfaz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
really bad in english and i tried to understand it but no helps
please help me if u can
thank you

Is muscular strength or muscular endurance more important? Explain.

Do people tend to put more of an emphasis on one over the other and for what reasons? Explain
HorribleDude
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
hmm...it seems pretty straight forward to me...strength if you need/want to have a lot of strength for a short amount of time...endurance...if you need less amount of strength for a longer amount of time...basically...strength...sp rint runners...endurance...marathon runners
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Walker16
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Pe has a lot of biology in it but it's a lot more simple, so for you to revise muscles (muscular system), bones (skeletal ststem) , heart (cardio system), lungs (gaseous exchange) will help you a lot. Also learning sports to give an example help as they always ask for that.

Learn how you would prevent injury - you could write: do a warm up by jogging at the start before a game, or a static stretch before a game. (These key words are very important, you just need to memorise these)

For your question: when picking up something for example your muscle contracts and becomes small. Muscular endurance is how long the strength lasts for.

Strength is how much weigh you can lift.

Cardiovascular endurance is how good your heart, lungs and blood vessels send oxygen to your body cells. E.g. A long distance runner has a lot of cardio vascular endurance as they can run longer.

To find the maximum heart rate your body can handle : 220 - age

Bones give either: structure, protection or to store minerals a in the bones calcium.

Gaseous exchange is the process of oxygen exchanging into carbon dioxide (and vice versa). This happens in the lungs and blood vessels which send oxygen to your body ( muscles / tissues)
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.39%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (56)
10.31%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (97)
17.86%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (82)
15.1%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
9.94%
How can I be the best version of myself? (165)
30.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise