The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Undergraduate Real Estate vs Urban Planning & Property Development

Hi,

Have received offers for Edinburgh Napier for Real Estate Surveying and Heriot Watt for UPPD and I am just wondering if anyone knows the main differences?

I’m wanting to go into the property business and wondering which degree would set me in the best way?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Original post by lewisrobins
Hi,

Have received offers for Edinburgh Napier for Real Estate Surveying and Heriot Watt for UPPD and I am just wondering if anyone knows the main differences?

I’m wanting to go into the property business and wondering which degree would set me in the best way?

Hi!

Thanks for commenting on our thread, do you have any questions about these courses here at Reading as we do offer Real Estate here!

Please let us know if you do have any questions!

Tom :smile:
Third Year Psychology and Student Ambassador.
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi, yes that would be great.

I’m basically looking to find out about the basics of the course (real estate) and roughly what skills I will be able to achieve. I am also interested in understanding how these skills will correlate with any future employment, how this will set me up for employment and which road I could go down after the degree has finished.

Thanks, anything would be beneficial!

Lewis
Hi, yes that would be great.

I’m basically looking to find out about the basics of the course (real estate) and roughly what skills I will be able to achieve. I am also interested in understanding how these skills will correlate with any future employment, how this will set me up for employment and which road I could go down after the degree has finished.

Thanks, anything would be beneficial!

Lewis

Hi Lewis,
So I would like to firstly direct you towards the weblink below, as this gives you a core overview of the course here at Reading.

https://www.reading.ac.uk/Ready-to-Study/study/Subject-area/real-estate-and-planning-ug

In terms of this course itself, many of the students feel that due to the high rankings of the course, this is reflected in the lectures and staff we attract to the Uni, and with its balance of practical and theoretical it gives you the balance of practical "real life" skills alongside an understanding of the theory of it!

In terms of skills, further explore the weblink above, as this will give you a better insight into the course (and courses) we have available. And let us know if this prompts any further questions for you!

I hope this helps

Tom :smile:
Third Year Psychology and Student Ambassador.
Lewis,
Our new MOOC should help. See my recent post: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5360098
Joe

Hi,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending