The Student Room Group

Pros and cons of UK medical schools

I am aware there have been numerous threads about the topic, but all the replies out there are very outdated. Many of us applying in the 2019 cycle are right know trying to figure out which med schools to apply to, so I would really appreciate some insider information :biggrin:
Pros and cons of UK medical schools compared to other countries or compared to each other?
Reply 2
Original post by Helloworld_95
Pros and cons of UK medical schools compared to other countries or compared to each other?

Compared to each other! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Volibear
Well that depends on the kind of teaching style you want, where you want to live, where you can afford to live etc, and probably most importantly, where you actually stand a chance at getting an offer from. You have to do your own research for this. The 'pros' for one applicant will be the 'cons' for another, and vice versa.

Yeah, I've done quite a lot of research about these things, but it would be nice to hear some 'insider information' about student life, teaching, classes etc. (especially about weak points) which you don't always get to read from university pages... :biggrin:
Original post by medreams
Yeah, I've done quite a lot of research about these things, but it would be nice to hear some 'insider information' about student life, teaching, classes etc. (especially about weak points) which you don't always get to read from university pages... :biggrin:

You want pros and cons of every med school?

Student life is typically the same across all med schools.
Teaching and classes depends on the uni course structure (i.e. traditional, PBL, integrated) which is available for anyone to find out.
Original post by medreams
I am aware there have been numerous threads about the topic, but all the replies out there are very outdated. Many of us applying in the 2019 cycle are right know trying to figure out which med schools to apply to, so I would really appreciate some insider information :biggrin:

Pro: Doesn't matter where you go

Con: Long time study ting
Reply 6
There is a sticky Pros and cons of your med school? in the current medical students and doctors thread with all of this information

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending