Barclays Higher Apprenticeship Scheme 2018 Watch

GetLucky
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

I thought I'd make a dedicated thread for this year, as I don't believe there is one.

Has anyone else applied for a higher apprenticeship with Barclays?

I applied for the Relationship Management sector at Canary Wharf. I managed to get through to the video interview which I did yesterday.

The initial tests were hard, and the video interview was also quite hard. Not sure how I've but hoping I've done enough to get through to the assessment centre.
charlotte.rob18
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by GetLucky)
Hi,

I thought I'd make a dedicated thread for this year, as I don't believe there is one.

Has anyone else applied for a higher apprenticeship with Barclays?

I applied for the Relationship Management sector at Canary Wharf. I managed to get through to the video interview which I did yesterday.

The initial tests were hard, and the video interview was also quite hard. Not sure how I've but hoping I've done enough to get through to the assessment centre.
Hey! I've applied for the Leadership and Management one at Oxford. I'm preparing for my video interview at the moment, are they tips or advice you can give me? I'm a bit nervous!!

Hope you hear good news back soon!
aimen93
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hi ive applied for the higher apprenticeship in compliance at the Canary Wharf branch, Just got an email yesterday inviting me to the online interview. Im nervous as ive heard its quite difficult. Would be great if i had an idea of what to expect so i can be better prepared, I really want to get onto the apprenticeship scheme so any advice is welcome!
GetLucky
Rep:
?
(Original post by aimen93)
hi ive applied for the higher apprenticeship in compliance at the Canary Wharf branch, Just got an email yesterday inviting me to the online interview. Im nervous as ive heard its quite difficult. Would be great if i had an idea of what to expect so i can be better prepared, I really want to get onto the apprenticeship scheme so any advice is welcome!
The first section of the interview you can't prepare for, as it's verbal reasoning test, not even an "interview". They give you a paper, you have to read through it then answer questions on the paper.

The second section is the actual interview. For this, there are your standard interview questions e.g. Why Barclays then there are also some competency and situational judgement questions.

I would say prepare a lot and know the values well as it's important to relate to these in the questions they ask you.
aimen93
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by GetLucky)
The first section of the interview you can't prepare for, as it's verbal reasoning test, not even an "interview". They give you a paper, you have to read through it then answer questions on the paper.

The second section is the actual interview. For this, there are your standard interview questions e.g. Why Barclays then there are also some competency and situational judgement questions.

I would say prepare a lot and know the values well as it's important to relate to these in the questions they ask you.
thank you! Ive heard if youre called in for the assessment day there is a group activity and presentation. Could you elaborate on what i should expect if i get to that stage as i have really bad anxiety and ive never been good at presenting.
GetLucky
Rep:
?
(Original post by aimen93)
thank you! Ive heard if youre called in for the assessment day there is a group activity and presentation. Could you elaborate on what i should expect if i get to that stage as i have really bad anxiety and ive never been good at presenting.
I can't really help you as I've never been to a Barclays assessment centre. Just look on their website, I'm sure there will be something on their to help you with the assessment day.
Dylcp
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello, i'm currently on the leadership and management higher apprenticeship with Barclays in my 1st year. With the assessment centre, you will be given details of the day should you pass through the digital interview, as well as advice and tips etc from Barclays.The assessment centre was a really relaxed day, its not as stressful as it seems once you get there! The day runs smoothly and for the most part is about getting to know you.My advice would be to look on forums across the internet such as this one for advice regarding assessment centres, they helped me a lot. Just be yourself! Good luck with the application
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (127)
19.51%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (62)
9.52%
No I am happy with my course choice (368)
56.53%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (94)
14.44%

Watched Threads