The Student Room Group

Leaving Uni early

I am nearly at the end of my first year of a foundation degree.
I got maintenance loans and grants as well as the tuition fees. I am thinking of pulling out of uni. I am struggling with anxiety, i have lost interest within learning around early years and do not see my self wanting to use this for further jobs.

How would this work with student finance? Would i just have to pay back my bursary when earning over the threshold of 25k?
Original post by pinklady22
I am nearly at the end of my first year of a foundation degree.
I got maintenance loans and grants as well as the tuition fees. I am thinking of pulling out of uni. I am struggling with anxiety, i have lost interest within learning around early years and do not see my self wanting to use this for further jobs.

How would this work with student finance? Would i just have to pay back my bursary when earning over the threshold of 25k?

Hi pinklady22,

The April following your graduation or when you leave the course, you will be eligible to start to make repayments to any loans, but you can be confident deductions will only be taken once you are earning over the threshold.

The bursary is from the university and will not have to be repaid.

Thanks Rona
Reply 2
Hi.Does th above stand when pulling out of university early?
Original post by pinklady22
Hi.Does th above stand when pulling out of university early?

Hi pinklady22,

If you withdraw before the end of the course, once the university advise of this, we will reassess your entitlement up until the day the university advise that you last attended.

If you have received more than you were entitled to, you will receive a letter advising of the over payment with a telephone number to call and make arrangements to repay the amount.

The loan that you were entitled to receive, you will be eligible to make repayments on, from the following April, once earning over the threshold.

Regards Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending