The Student Room Group

Help I've wasted easter holidays and I have A levels in 7 weeks

Basically I've procrastinated from revising over Easter and don't have proper revision notes for 1 of my subjects. What to do? I've also got no study leave so it's 6 school weeks and 1 week of half term.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by jungleseu
Basically I've procrastinated from revising over Easter and don't have proper revision notes for 1 of my subjects. What to do? I've also got no study leave so it's 6 school weeks and 1 week of half term.

When you say you haven't done proper notes for one of your subjects, do you mean you have done notes for two and have one left, or that you haven't done notes for any single subject?
Original post by RP990
When you say you haven't done proper notes for one of your subjects, do you mean you have done notes for two and have one left, or that you haven't done notes for any single subject?

I have to make proper notes for most of my year 2 biology.
Reply 3

Well I guess you should start revising.

Have you started exam papers for bio, I haven't. Panic mode.
Original post by ReadySalted28

No.
tbh writing notes can be a form of revision e.g. memorising parts of the text and then writing it down by memory which will actively help you to recall and remember the info, atleast thats what im doing for sociology..
People, relax. If your school doesn't have study leave so what? If you feel like school is of no use now, just don't come. They can't do anything about it. You will still be able to sit the exams. A lot can be done in 7 weeks. Breakdown all your courses and have checklist of the things that you need to do and prioritise. Go over your spec and then simply do questions.

Don't procrastinate about what you should do etc. Sit the **** down, and just do it
Reply 8
Instead of making notes you could buy a revision guide and constantly quiz yourself while going through it
Reply 9
Original post by ReadySalted28

I did and it was tragic lol, back to notes
We’re all in this together !
Reply 11

Bro are you kidding me. Only have to make half a subjects notes left. It all depends on how efficient you are at revising, but from a notes perspective you're fine. Granted, you do take biology, a mammoth of a subject, but I'm doing chem. What I do is go through book, write whats important, repeat, do questions. What I get wrong, go back and revise and then do more questions. If you do detailed notes - to learn from, I find it time wasting as you're summarising whats from the text book. I believe in just gettign the revision guide and do short summary notes. Don't copy etc.
Original post by Blos
I did and it was tragic lol, back to notes

I wish I had Bernards watch for the exams. Bernards Watch ygm? Classic.
Original post by RP990
Bro are you kidding me. Only have to make half a subjects notes left. It all depends on how efficient you are at revising, but from a notes perspective you're fine. Granted, you do take biology, a mammoth of a subject, but I'm doing chem. What I do is go through book, write whats important, repeat, do questions. What I get wrong, go back and revise and then do more questions. If you do detailed notes - to learn from, I find it time wasting as you're summarising whats from the text book. I believe in just gettign the revision guide and do short summary notes. Don't copy etc.

Ok thx
Original post by HelloImCool
We’re all in this together !

Quite
Original post by simple123site
People, relax. If your school doesn't have study leave so what? If you feel like school is of no use now, just don't come. They can't do anything about it. You will still be able to sit the exams. A lot can be done in 7 weeks. Breakdown all your courses and have checklist of the things that you need to do and prioritise. Go over your spec and then simply do questions.

Don't procrastinate about what you should do etc. Sit the **** down, and just do it

My parents won't let me stay ar home so I will have to make do. I can probably do 5-6hours in the evening when I get home if I start at 5 and end at 11. I also have 9 hours of frees a week (as my EPQ is done). I can also revise 8-10 hours( on each day) at the weekend. So max I have per weeks is 54 hours.
(edited 6 years ago)
My parents won't let me stay ar home so I will have to make do. I can probably do 5-6hours in the evening when I get home if I start at 5 and end at 11. I also have 9 hours of frees a week (as my EPQ is done). I can also revise 8-10 hours( on each day) at the weekend. So max I have per weeks is 50 hours.

Find a library near you. So it won't matter if they won't let you stay.
It's not how long you revise for, but how effective you are.

Ask not what your revision can do for you, but what you can do for your revision
My parents won't let me stay ar home so I will have to make do. I can probably do 5-6hours in the evening when I get home if I start at 5 and end at 11. I also have 9 hours of frees a week (as my EPQ is done). I can also revise 8-10 hours( on each day) at the weekend. So max I have per weeks is 54 hours.

Well, get started ASAP and plan well...All the best and good luck!
Original post by simple123site
Find a library near you. So it won't matter if they won't let you stay.
It's not how long you revise for, but how effective you are.

Ask not what your revision can do for you, but what you can do for your revision

The school will call them if I'm not in. Trust me. Missing school is not an option.
Reply 19

Oh christ, I didn't read it properly. Why the **** dont you get study leave... Thats criminal.

Quick Reply

Latest