Turn on thread page Beta

Help I've wasted easter holidays and I have A levels in 7 weeks watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically I've procrastinated from revising over Easter and don't have proper revision notes for 1 of my subjects. What to do? I've also got no study leave so it's 6 school weeks and 1 week of half term.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jungleseu)
    Basically I've procrastinated from revising over Easter and don't have proper revision notes for 1 of my subjects. What to do? I've also got no study leave so it's 6 school weeks and 1 week of half term.
    When you say you haven't done proper notes for one of your subjects, do you mean you have done notes for two and have one left, or that you haven't done notes for any single subject?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RP990)
    When you say you haven't done proper notes for one of your subjects, do you mean you have done notes for two and have one left, or that you haven't done notes for any single subject?
    I have to make proper notes for most of my year 2 biology.

ReputationRep:
    Well I guess you should start revising.

ReputationRep:
    Have you started exam papers for bio, I haven't. Panic mode.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReadySalted28)
    No.

ReputationRep:
    tbh writing notes can be a form of revision e.g. memorising parts of the text and then writing it down by memory which will actively help you to recall and remember the info, atleast thats what im doing for sociology..

ReputationRep:
    People, relax. If your school doesn't have study leave so what? If you feel like school is of no use now, just don't come. They can't do anything about it. You will still be able to sit the exams. A lot can be done in 7 weeks. Breakdown all your courses and have checklist of the things that you need to do and prioritise. Go over your spec and then simply do questions.

Don't procrastinate about what you should do etc. Sit the **** down, and just do it

ReputationRep:
    Instead of making notes you could buy a revision guide and constantly quiz yourself while going through it
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReadySalted28)
    I did and it was tragic lol, back to notes
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    We’re all in this together !

ReputationRep:
    Bro are you kidding me. Only have to make half a subjects notes left. It all depends on how efficient you are at revising, but from a notes perspective you're fine. Granted, you do take biology, a mammoth of a subject, but I'm doing chem. What I do is go through book, write whats important, repeat, do questions. What I get wrong, go back and revise and then do more questions. If you do detailed notes - to learn from, I find it time wasting as you're summarising whats from the text book. I believe in just gettign the revision guide and do short summary notes. Don't copy etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blos)
    I did and it was tragic lol, back to notes
    I wish I had Bernards watch for the exams. Bernards Watch ygm? Classic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RP990)
    Bro are you kidding me. Only have to make half a subjects notes left. It all depends on how efficient you are at revising, but from a notes perspective you're fine. Granted, you do take biology, a mammoth of a subject, but I'm doing chem. What I do is go through book, write whats important, repeat, do questions. What I get wrong, go back and revise and then do more questions. If you do detailed notes - to learn from, I find it time wasting as you're summarising whats from the text book. I believe in just gettign the revision guide and do short summary notes. Don't copy etc.
    Ok thx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HelloImCool)
    We’re all in this together !
    Quite

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simple123site)
    People, relax. If your school doesn't have study leave so what? If you feel like school is of no use now, just don't come. They can't do anything about it. You will still be able to sit the exams. A lot can be done in 7 weeks. Breakdown all your courses and have checklist of the things that you need to do and prioritise. Go over your spec and then simply do questions.

Don't procrastinate about what you should do etc. Sit the **** down, and just do it
    My parents won't let me stay ar home so I will have to make do. I can probably do 5-6hours in the evening when I get home if I start at 5 and end at 11. I also have 9 hours of frees a week (as my EPQ is done). I can also revise 8-10 hours( on each day) at the weekend. So max I have per weeks is 54 hours.

ReputationRep:
    My parents won't let me stay ar home so I will have to make do. I can probably do 5-6hours in the evening when I get home if I start at 5 and end at 11. I also have 9 hours of frees a week (as my EPQ is done). I can also revise 8-10 hours( on each day) at the weekend. So max I have per weeks is 50 hours.

Find a library near you. So it won't matter if they won't let you stay.
    It's not how long you revise for, but how effective you are.

Ask not what your revision can do for you, but what you can do for your revision

ReputationRep:
    My parents won't let me stay ar home so I will have to make do. I can probably do 5-6hours in the evening when I get home if I start at 5 and end at 11. I also have 9 hours of frees a week (as my EPQ is done). I can also revise 8-10 hours( on each day) at the weekend. So max I have per weeks is 54 hours.
    Well, get started ASAP and plan well...All the best and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simple123site)
    Find a library near you. So it won't matter if they won't let you stay.
    It's not how long you revise for, but how effective you are.

Ask not what your revision can do for you, but what you can do for your revision
    The school will call them if I'm not in. Trust me. Missing school is not an option.

ReputationRep:
    Oh christ, I didn't read it properly. Why the **** dont you get study leave... Thats criminal.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.