Hi does anyone know how to include AO4?
- connection across texts I think

Specifically to Othello & Tess of the D'urbevilles
lowza
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I just have a few texts that I have read for wider reading that I will refer to if I can.

For Othello: I use Marlowe's 'Dr Faustus', Jonson's 'Volpone' & Shakespeare's 'The Winter's Tale.' They have similar themes, writing styles and are from the same literary period so they're good for cross comparison.

I don't do Tess, but I presume some knowledge of Hardy's poetry would be useful, and maybe some other Victorian writers like George Eliot.

It's good to just have a knowledge of romantic literature - common tropes, archetypical characters, how it has changed through time etc...

If you can't think of a good other text to refer to, then just refer to how typical the book is within it's genre or time.
EllaM123456
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by lowza)
I just have a few texts that I have read for wider reading that I will refer to if I can.

For Othello: I use Marlowe's 'Dr Faustus', Jonson's 'Volpone' & Shakespeare's 'The Winter's Tale.' They have similar themes, writing styles and are from the same literary period so they're good for cross comparison.

I don't do Tess, but I presume some knowledge of Hardy's poetry would be useful, and maybe some other Victorian writers like George Eliot.

It's good to just have a knowledge of romantic literature - common tropes, archetypical characters, how it has changed through time etc...

If you can't think of a good other text to refer to, then just refer to how typical the book is within it's genre or time.
Thank you so so much! Are you year 13? I'm doing Othello revision essays and just wondered if you wanted to exchange/ read each others to help??
lowza
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by EllaM123456)
Thank you so so much! Are you year 13? I'm doing Othello revision essays and just wondered if you wanted to exchange/ read each others to help??
Yeah, I am. I haven't done any Othello essays as revision yet tho lol - I'm still making notes. Contact me in a couple of weeks and then sure aha!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
  • University of Brighton
    Photography MA open afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
  • University of Plymouth
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19

Who do you think will be the next PM?