The Student Room Group

Divorced, name change

Hello
I applied for student finance and sent off the evidence needed from myself and my mum.

My mum sent a decree absolute which proves she is now divorced. We have received a letter today saying that on the application her name is her birth name and on her decree absolute it is her married name. You have asked for proof that every is using another name.
She has returned to her birth name following her divorce. Do I still need to send evidence as she hasn’t completely changed her name she has just gone back to her birth name following the divorce?

Thank you
Charley
Original post by CharleyHammer
Hello
I applied for student finance and sent off the evidence needed from myself and my mum.

My mum sent a decree absolute which proves she is now divorced. We have received a letter today saying that on the application her name is her birth name and on her decree absolute it is her married name. You have asked for proof that every is using another name.
She has returned to her birth name following her divorce. Do I still need to send evidence as she hasn’t completely changed her name she has just gone back to her birth name following the divorce?

Thank you
Charley

Hi Charley,

If you send a clear copy of your mum's marriage certificate which will show both her married and maiden name and a cover letter written by your mum that she has returned to her maiden name and this is the name she is known by, you can be confident that will be sufficient evidence.

Thanks Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending