Cremedalemer
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,

I was just wondering if there is anyone out there who also struggles writing history essays at uni level? I don't know what it is, but I find it very hard to analyse. My friends tell me to make a very strong point and back it up with evidence and analyse, but I can't seem to grasp that.

I was really hoping History would equip me with these skills to write strong essays, but I still don't seem to "get it".

Does anyone have any tips from taking notes to writing out a strong essay?

Thanks
Dat1Guy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
There is a good thread on tsr on writing history essays, search for the 'thb essay'
Cremedalemer
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by BDunlop)
There is a good thread on tsr on writing history essays, search for the 'thb essay'
Fab! Just found it, thank you!
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Cremedalemer)
Fab! Just found it, thank you!
Googling 'how to write university history essays' will also give you several useful guides, and there's a highly recommended book: Writing History Essays, by I. W. Mabbett.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (98)
39.36%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (29)
11.65%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.23%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
22.89%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.05%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.83%

Watched Threads