The Student Room Group

Help! My Boyfriend doesn't know what he wants?

Me and my boyfriend broke up on the 12th of March but we got back together on the 9th of April. It's been a week now. He is on anti-depressants and his life is on edge because he is going to lose his job he has had for over 3 years. The past couple days he has said to me that he doesn't know if he made the right choice getting back with me.

His family are displeased with me and it puts pressure on him because he just wants everyone to get along. He is thinking that we wouldn't have a future together because currently, I have no job or anything going for me right now but I am sorting it out, but I've told him that I need time.

He has also started talking to one of his ex girlfriends who cheated on him or wasn't loyal to him at the time they were together. (I don't know the whole story but she says she never cheated, she is known for lying) so I don't know if she is making our relationship worse by her being around him.

Honestly, I don't know what to do, my head is saying I should dump him and get on with my life, but my heart says that I should stick around and maybe things will get better when the anti-depressants kick in.

I currently have deactivated my Snapchat and Facebook account, so he can't contact me. I don't want to be with someone who is one minute saying he wants to be with me, then doubting his decision since we got back together. He is having a mid life crisis and I don't want to be around because I know I'm going to get hurt in the end. I feel stuck and I'm not sure what steps to take next :frown:
thats a real sh*tty situation, im sorry you feel this way. In my opinion, im a big softball so i usually follow my heart, but i do need my brain to take control sometimes. If you think this dude is the one for you, then stick by him until you can no longer, that way you said that you tried your hardest but it wasn't going to work out. If you know its time to break up then talk to him about it and have an adult conversation about it, but don't just cut contact with him, be a friend, or a shoulder to cry on. He needs people to help him through this, i know from experience. Best of luck for the both of you, whether thats a couple or friends, time will tell! :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Me and my boyfriend broke up on the 12th of March but we got back together on the 9th of April. It's been a week now. He is on anti-depressants and his life is on edge because he is going to lose his job he has had for over 3 years. The past couple days he has said to me that he doesn't know if he made the right choice getting back with me.

His family are displeased with me and it puts pressure on him because he just wants everyone to get along. He is thinking that we wouldn't have a future together because currently, I have no job or anything going for me right now but I am sorting it out, but I've told him that I need time.

He has also started talking to one of his ex girlfriends who cheated on him or wasn't loyal to him at the time they were together. (I don't know the whole story but she says she never cheated, she is known for lying) so I don't know if she is making our relationship worse by her being around him.

Honestly, I don't know what to do, my head is saying I should dump him and get on with my life, but my heart says that I should stick around and maybe things will get better when the anti-depressants kick in.

I currently have deactivated my Snapchat and Facebook account, so he can't contact me. I don't want to be with someone who is one minute saying he wants to be with me, then doubting his decision since we got back together. He is having a mid life crisis and I don't want to be around because I know I'm going to get hurt in the end. I feel stuck and I'm not sure what steps to take next :frown:

If I were in that position I would call it quits. not time to be with someone who cant back you up and knows they want to be with you.
Find someone better and dont wast time chasing this.
In the future he may sort himself out and come back, but dont wait around. Leave as friends or not enemies, then the door is still open. Whether you have a job or not shouldnt be relevant, especially if you are trying to get one. You need support not judgment.
The only person that should matter is you , i wish my boyfriend would contact any of his ex’s that’s the day I bounce he’s not gonna come and disrespect you like that because if it was the other way around it would’ve been another story so do what your heart tells wants what you feel like it’s the right decision don’t hold back on anything if you gotta dump him go ahead you don’t want to be around him so I can tell you don’t want anything to do with him so go ahead dump him better things will arrive just be happy at the end on the day who got you?? YOU not him not his family not his ex but youuu so go ahead be happy you’re stressing too much and live is too short for that. Hope this helps you , remember just be happy :smile:)))

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending