Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I really want to do well in my A-levels so I can go to Northumbria uni, I don't really have a life plan, just Northumbria is the next step. Revision doesn't work for me AT ALL, idk if i'm just stupid or what it is but i cannot do it. I've also lost all dedication to trying in college, a lot is going on rn, and i don't really have the work ethic to apply myself. any tips? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ReputationRep:
    then give up lmao

ReputationRep:
    i was looking for something inspirational but that seems like a fair suggestion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Percival_)
    I really want to do well in my A-levels so I can go to Northumbria uni, I don't really have a life plan, just Northumbria is the next step. Revision doesn't work for me AT ALL, idk if i'm just stupid or what it is but i cannot do it. I've also lost all dedication to trying in college, a lot is going on rn, and i don't really have the work ethic to apply myself. any tips? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Volunteer. You'll figure out what you want to do. Go to Africa or someplace.

ReputationRep:
    just think to yourself what if everything works out and goes better than I thought it would rather than thinking what if I fail, this would motivate you to do anything in your power to achieve what you want to. nothing is impossible literally there is not one good enough reason why you shouldn't be able to do the things you want to and achieve the things you want to
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    i was looking for something inspirational but that seems like a fair suggestion
    What are you going to study at Northumbria university?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Revision doesn't work? How do you revise?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sinnoh)
    Revision doesn't work? How do you revise?
    i don't, well not properly, i have flashcards and stuff but i feel like its going through one ear and out of the other
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    i don't, well not properly, i have flashcards and stuff but i feel like its going through one ear and out of the other
    You gotta do exam-style questions and past papers, assuming you're not only doing essay-based subjects
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    It's great to hear that you'd like Northumbria to be your next step

One of our student bloggers has recently uploaded an article on exam hints & tips which you can find here

It can be difficult to revise for exams (especially when you have a number of them in a short space of time). I was in a similar situation during my A-levels & would struggle to retain the information I needed (usually remembering the most pointless facts that were definitely not needed in the exam). What helped me was getting more sleep & drinking more water. I used to drink no more than a glass of water a day and found it hard to concentrate, when I increased my intake to roughly 1.5 litres a day I found it easier to concentrate. Likewise with sleep, when I started going to bed a little earlier I felt more productive throughout the day.
    This in turn helped when I was doing revision. One other tip would be to find out what your prefered learning style is. I do well when I listen to people so I would record certain aspects of my lessons (with permission of course) and play this back to help retain the info.

I have also come across a previous article on our blog but the tips are still great! take a look here

Take a look at the articles I have included here & get back to me if you have any questions. I hope this helps

Steph Williams, 3rd Year Marketing Management Student at Northumbria

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.