The Student Room Group

Placement year law liverpool university

Is there any way of doing a placement year in law section ?
Original post by Alex12xx
Is there any way of doing a placement year in law section ?

They do Law with a year abroad.
https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/law-with-a-year-abroad-llb-hons/overview/

Try contacting the law society.

https://www.liverpoolguild.org/groups/liverpool-legal-society
Reply 2
I graduated last summer (2017) so unless they have changed since i left, you cannot take a legal placement year. You can take a year abroad but you can't take a sandwich placement year like at other universities.
Reply 3
Original post by sloths
I graduated last summer (2017) so unless they have changed since i left, you cannot take a legal placement year. You can take a year abroad but you can't take a sandwich placement year like at other universities.

Thats really sad i wanted to do thenplacement year so bad its so different practising the law from just reading it, and from what ive seen in their web page they do offer placements year in other fields so that was one of the reasons i changed my mind about that university :frown:!
Reply 4
Original post by Alex12xx
Thats really sad i wanted to do thenplacement year so bad its so different practising the law from just reading it, and from what ive seen in their web page they do offer placements year in other fields so that was one of the reasons i changed my mind about that university :frown:!

If it helps I didn't do a placement year and don't feel like I missed out. Myself and many others fitted in work experience alongside our studies or in the breaks from uni.

The law clinic at UOL have quite of lot of opportunities throughout your degree where you can get involved working on cases or projects which they run and they are really good practice of working in a legal setting. There's also law clinic module in third year that you can take to get experience working on a real case, doing legal drafting and research and interviewing real clients etc. That module was definitely the most realistic experience I had of working on cases and it prepared me for my LPC.
Reply 5
Original post by sloths
If it helps I didn't do a placement year and don't feel like I missed out. Myself and many others fitted in work experience alongside our studies or in the breaks from uni.

The law clinic at UOL have quite of lot of opportunities throughout your degree where you can get involved working on cases or projects which they run and they are really good practice of working in a legal setting. There's also law clinic module in third year that you can take to get experience working on a real case, doing legal drafting and research and interviewing real clients etc. That module was definitely the most realistic experience I had of working on cases and it prepared me for my LPC.

Well thats great but in my country they do want to have experience and its really difficult to get a placement and i need that placement year so i can add it to my cv in order to be considered as a serious lawyer I know it might seems crazy but thats how it works here in my country and thats why most study abroad for the job experience and we have high rates of young unemployment people :frown: whichis really bad since they do not give easily jobs and law clinic unfortunately as fun as it sounds does not meet the requirements of placement year :frown:

Quick Reply