Me123456789
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
can someone please have a look at question 1(bi) and explain why the answers could be point 2 and 3
(In Figure 2)
1. Chromatids have separated
(during anaphase);
2. Chromatids have not replicated;
3. Chromosomes formed from only
one chromatid;
here is the link to the question
http://pmt.physicsandmathstutor.com/...%20A-level.pdf
thanks
macpatgh-Sheldon
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Hi,

Point 2: at the end of this division [looks like mitosis as the chromatids have moved apart] the chromatids are still SINGLE, i.e. there is no homologous pairing; this will occur later when the DNA replicates.

Point 3:I suppose you could argue that EACH chromatid will later give rise to EACH chromosome as explained in Point 2 above, although I think it is a very weird way of putting it.
Me123456789
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by macpatelgh)
Hi,

Point 2: at the end of this division [looks like mitosis as the chromatids have moved apart] the chromatids are still SINGLE, i.e. there is no homologous pairing; this will occur later when the DNA replicates.

Point 3:I suppose you could argue that EACH chromatid will later give rise to EACH chromosome as explained in Point 2 above, although I think it is a very weird way of putting it.
Thank You! it makes a lot more sense now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (93)
41.33%
They're exactly what I expected (54)