The Student Room Group

Really not sure what to do

I hate my current sixth form college because of the size and also the fact that I come home wanting to cry, feeling so stressed and overwhelmed. Its not the workload nor the subjects - I genuinely think it's the environment there, and knowing my closest friends are somewhere else (I can't go back to this sixth form next year as the school is closing it off)
I'm stuck with the choice of finding somewhere new for next year but having to repeat year 12 and make new friends all over again (when I'm already feeling so depressed and anxious)
I would rather leave college as soon as possible, i.e. stick it out until A Levels are done, but when my mental health has deteriorated so much by just two terms I can't stand the thoughts of another year as much as I know it goes quickly.

I need to prioritise my mental health but I honestly can't stand the thought of finding somewhere else. I've been seeing counseller s but I really don't think it's helping. It helps me calm down a little but it doesn't fix the issue, and I feel like I waste their time to be honest.

I just leave everything too late. I should have tried to go back to my old sixth form months ago but stupidly left it until March and they said I can't go back now

I really don't know what to do, and my tutor said she thinks it's best I just stay and stick out, but my anxiety is just getting worse and I'm slipping behind in lessons. As much as I think the counselling is a good thing, I can't cope with the environment at college - I'm not close to anyone and it's just too big, but I'm not prepared to start somewhere new and no absolutely nobody as I'm so desperate to just get these damn a levels over with and don't want to be a year behind.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to help? Thank you for reading x
Reply 1
Anything would be appreciated, even if you offer your own experiences with sixth form. I just wanted an outside perspective until I can properly see my tutor and disuss options ro see what an outside person looking in on the situation might suggest?
Reply 2
Anyone?

Quick Reply

Latest