The Student Room Group

Salary for 16 year old at John Lewis

Hi I recently got a group interview at John Lewis for Sales Assistant and was wondering what the pay is for a 16 year old? Also any advice for the interview??
Reply 1
Original post by SS12345678
Hi I recently got a group interview at John Lewis for Sales Assistant and was wondering what the pay is for a 16 year old? Also any advice for the interview??

U will usually get a £5/hour max
Original post by Kev lad
U will usually get a £5/hour max

thats terrible. Become a football ref, get £40 every day that you ref and thats like 3 hours worth of reffing equivalent to 8 hours of sales assistant.
Reply 3
Original post by shamedan21
thats terrible. Become a football ref, get £40 every day that you ref and thats like 3 hours worth of reffing equivalent to 8 hours of sales assistant.

What do you expect 16 years olds work part time not full and also the minimum Salary is £7.50 or somert like that an hour so £5 at 16 is decent.
Besides what do you expect people won’t pay you that much in terms of cash in hand it’s tax avoiding if you earn more...
Original post by Kev lad
What do you expect 16 years olds work part time not full and also the minimum Salary is £7.50 or somert like that an hour so £5 at 16 is decent.
Besides what do you expect people won’t pay you that much in terms of cash in hand it’s tax avoiding if you earn more...

mate I'm 16
Reply 5
mate I'm 16

I’m 16 as well, I’m just saying don’t expect anything more than £5/hr coz it’s probs the best you can get for our age group. Ik people who earn £3/4 hour 😂
Original post by Kev lad
I’m 16 as well, I’m just saying don’t expect anything more than £5/hr coz it’s probs the best you can get for our age group. Ik people who earn £3/4 hour 😂

well thats not the best cos i just said i get £15 an hour
Reply 7
well thats not the best cos i just said i get £15 an hour

At retail 😂 double national average and at 16, bruv if your earning £15 an hour then prove it. Also bs at John Lewis u earn that much, standard adult workers get under £7-9/ hr
Original post by Kev lad
At retail 😂 double national average and at 16, bruv if your earning £15 an hour then prove it. Also bs at John Lewis u earn that much, standard adult workers get under £7-9/ hr

I said I don’t work at John Lewis I work as a referee. I get £15 per match I do and matches last 40mins so wys
Did you find out what the pay was for a 16 year old at John Lewis?
Original post by SS12345678

Hi. Did you find out what the hourly rate was for a 16 year old at John Lewis? Thanks
Original post by northernlass7
Hi. Did you find out what the hourly rate was for a 16 year old at John Lewis? Thanks

It's £8 per hour no matter your age (at the Sales Assistant level). Definitely go for it.
Source: I work there. I'm 16.
The rubbish about earning £5 is laughable. I started at 16 with John Lewis and they don’t pay by age. A 16 year old new starter gets the same wage as someone in their late 20s. They pay national average for someone over 21. It also depends where you are based. For example, places like London the average is higher.
Yes thats true. I am working in London and I get £1 more an hour than all my mates in Greater London who work with John Lewis too! I am 17 and i started on £8.97 an hour and now im on £9.43 after 1 year.

Quick Reply