ed98
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,

I am writing a 3,000 word essay. I'm midway through and have only just noticed that the department setting the essay says that there "preferred" referencing style is Harvard but I am only familiar with the MHRA style, which I have been using for this essay.

My question is; should I amend my current essay so it is in line with the Harvard style even though I'm not really sure how it is done, or should I stick with what I know which is the MHRA style? Will they really mind that much?

Many thanks.
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ed98)
Hi,

I am writing a 3,000 word essay. I'm midway through and have only just noticed that the department setting the essay says that there "preferred" referencing style is Harvard but I am only familiar with the MHRA style, which I have been using for this essay.

My question is; should I amend my current essay so it is in line with the Harvard style even though I'm not really sure how it is done, or should I stick with what I know which is the MHRA style? Will they really mind that much?

Many thanks.
Always use the preferred style and it's easy to look up how it works. It's a common style so if you are using a ref manager (you really should be) then it'll do it for you.
Duncan2012
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Harvard. No need to antagonise the markers! You've only got a couple of pages to redo.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (131)
14.72%
I'm not sure (40)
4.49%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (267)
30%
I have already dropped out (22)
2.47%
I'm not a current university student (430)
48.31%

Watched Threads