Thesquirtle
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Bristol or Brunel?

Idk what to do. I live in London, and I’d prefer to stay in London but I know Bristol is a better Uni than Brunel. However, Bristol doesn’t seem very culturally diversed at all, and since I’m from London, I’m used to being surrounded by different races and cultures. And as a person of colour too, I don’t know if I will be comfortable in Bristol.

I know most people will undoubtedly pick Bristol over Brunel any day. It’s ranked within the top 20 in the UK, it’s a Russel group Uni and overall is highly regarded.

Brunel on the other hand is an average Uni ( a little above average maybe) ranked around 40-50 on the league tables, but it’s located in London and is extremely culturally diversed, which might suit my confortablility better.
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Thesquirtle)
Bristol or Brunel?

Idk what to do. I live in London, and I’d prefer to stay in London but I know Bristol is a better Uni than Brunel. However, Bristol doesn’t seem very culturally diversed at all, and since I’m from London, I’m used to being surrounded by different races and cultures. And as a person of colour too, I don’t know if I will be comfortable in Bristol.

I know most people will undoubtedly pick Bristol over Brunel any day. It’s ranked within the top 20 in the UK, it’s a Russel group Uni and overall is highly regarded.

Brunel on the other hand is an average Uni ( a little above average maybe) ranked around 40-50 on the league tables, but it’s located in London and is extremely culturally diversed, which might suit my confortablility better.
What course is this for?
Bill Nye
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Bristol as a city is pretty diverse, but not as much so as London. Areas like easton / eastville / st pauls are very diverse though.

No idea about the uni itself.
Bill Nye
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=1443779
Bill Nye
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
BUT pick it based on the course you like the most.
Thesquirtle
Rep:
?
(Original post by CoolCavy)
What course is this for?
Sorry for the late reply!
Anthropology. I've already firmed Bristol though...
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Thesquirtle)
Sorry for the late reply!
Anthropology. I've already firmed Bristol though...
No worries
would you like this moved to the Bristol uni subforum?
Thesquirtle
Rep:
?
(Original post by CoolCavy)
No worries
would you like this moved to the Bristol uni subforum?
sure.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (53)
30.64%
No (90)
52.02%
Don't know (30)
17.34%

Watched Threads