The Student Room Group

College UK

I want to go to a certain college but some individuals whom I’m not very keen,they are not the kindest people,also they are doing the same course,they are going to the same college and is making me anxious. What do I do?
most people will be doing their own things and focusing on work at that stage. People grow up a bit when they go to college/sixth form. So if you like the college then I would definitely not let their presence put you off- just make new friends and distance yourself from them.

That being said, I am a year 12 atm at a huge sixth form (3000+ students) where only about 10 nice people I knew from school went to. I am very glad I went here instead of a place where lots of people I didn't like from school went, and my friends attending these colleges have a lot more drama in their lives, having stayed in a group with people from high school, than me. The fresh start was something I really needed, so if you think those people will prevent this from happening I would still consider other options.

Basically, if you love the college way more than any others and will be able to have a fresh start, then go to the college.If not, look at some others. I am sure you will be fine either way.

Best of luck :-)
(edited 6 years ago)
Thank You so much for the reply. But applying window is now closed which stops me from applying to other colleges and only recently found out that they are going. It’s really frustrating.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending