How to get your online information erased?

Watch
geek84
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi Folks

Recently I heard that you can have all your previous historical posts and other information put online erased or amended.

Can someone be kind enough to tell me the correct procedure for doing this?

Thanks in advance.
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
That’s not all suspicious.
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by geek84)
Hi Folks

Recently I heard that you can have all your previous historical posts and other information put online erased or amended.

Can someone be kind enough to tell me the correct procedure for doing this?

Thanks in advance.
It's going to be entirely dependent on which website/company that has the information, there's no magic button that deletes you from the internet.
NonIndigenous
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It is very very difficult. You're better off changing names and getting a face transplant.

Rich people who can afford it, employ legal help to threaten private owners of websites and media accounts into deleting info they have on them. But that is scarcely successful, even if it wins in court.

If there is a few specific websites you have in mind, I'd suggest writing to the owners perhaps, or using whatever procedures they have laid out on their sites... for requesting your information to be removed or deleted.

But in the meantime, anyone else could have downloaded it as well, and simply put it back up... even under a fake account set up in your name.
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
And you know you're going to be back where you started when your annoying niece tags you on Instagram two days later.
#newnamenewface #topsecret
geek84
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thanks very much for your replies folks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (264)
46.56%
Take exams next summer (78)
13.76%
Change uni choice through clearing (121)
21.34%
Apply to uni next year instead (60)
10.58%
I'm not applying to university (44)
7.76%

Watched Threads