Big age gap, I need advice! Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So, I am 16 years old and I really like this guy who is 29. He is not the kind of man who would ever make a move on me, even if he did like me back. He is a really good guy who is always kind and generous. He is a Christian and is always such a gentleman!!! I know him well least as well as I can. Its not like I know his every secret. Anyway... I just thought I should ask whether or not it is possible for him to like me, and whether or not if I wait, maybe in the future a relationship may be possible?
PS, no he is not dating anyone. (Which to me is INSANE since he is such an amazing guy!)
higgs334
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So, I am 16 years old and I really like this guy who is 29. He is not the kind of man who would ever make a move on me, even if he did like me back. He is a really good guy who is always kind and generous. He is a Christian and is always such a gentleman!!! I know him well least as well as I can. Its not like I know his every secret. Anyway... I just thought I should ask whether or not it is possible for him to like me, and whether or not if I wait, maybe in the future a relationship may be possible?
PS, no he is not dating anyone. (Which to me is INSANE since he is such an amazing guy!)
Lol he's a paedo. A man that age has no business with a school kid. He's manipulating you and he's a predator. Simple as that.

Im 18 and the thought of going out with a 16yo disgusts me
Wooord
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm sorry but this is exactly how predators abuse their victims. He comes across as "nice" and "amazing" but only until you actually fall for it and then he has you under his control, please be careful.
Areena.A.W
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
naaaah fam
dont to that to ur self
its not bloody Jane Eyre or somett
wake up gyalll
hes gonna minipulate u, then use u for god knows what-buying drugs?? who knows
ur putting urself at risk
dont even think about talking to him about this bald
think about ur future
Areena
xxx
Tlameloisstrange
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No, don’t do it. The age difference is too much and you’re still 16. He might have the ideal traits for a lover but you’re not at the same level of maturity (mentally, emotionally and sexually) as him. I understand that love is love but you’re too young for him. You might have not written your GCSEs yet, let alone University! You need to experience life as a teen girl. You won’t be able to handle to stress that comes from a relationship of that sort.
Abcdefghijk123
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don’t think it would be a good idea if this guy were to like you back and you were to date. Think about it - what would a 16 year old and a 29 year old have in common? What would make a 29 year old date a 16 year old, why not someone around their own age? Suggests they are either very mentally immature, after one thing, or have ‘concerning’ desires. It’s your choice, but that’s just my take on it.

I would suggest at least waiting until you’re 18.
shamedan21
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
lol leeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaavvvvvvvveee dat, hes 100% a predator trying to show hes not into you so you can be interested
ZombieTheWolf
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You're a wee bit young. I have trouble staying away from men much older than myself, but I have high doubts he will want to be seen with you in public(and if not, that's a bit odd). I had the exact same problem, he had no time for me, broke my heart but he is much better off with an older girl and you with a younger man.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
He isn't your teacher or anything is he?
alicesmiloves
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't think it's ideal for you to date a 29 year old. He's way older and has already experienced adulthood while you're still a teenager, You can find someone your age who you can relate with more than a 29 year old man. Plus he technically can't date you either because you're not of legal age yet.
bones-mccoy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Jfc I'd be running for the hills
bones-mccoy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by alicesmiloves)
I don't think it's ideal for you to date a 29 year old. He's way older and has already experienced adulthood while you're still a teenager, You can find someone your age who you can relate with more than a 29 year old man. Plus he technically can't date you either because you're not of legal age yet.
There's no laws about dating someone, only sexual activity. Even just dating her would be seriously messed up though.
WEASEL espinoza
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
29-16= 13
Quick maths
nathanclith1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by higgs334)
Lol he's a paedo. A man that age has no business with a school kid. He's manipulating you and he's a predator. Simple as that.

2 years below aint that deep rlly :/
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Did you not read the OP, or did you skim read and see 16 and 29 and decide to get some reps and jump on the peado bandwagon. she clearly said he is not the sort of guy not to make a move on her. SHE is the one with the crush, not him.

and at 18 most it's pretty normal for someone that age to find a 16 year old attractive, you're basically saying that a year 13 cannot like a year 12 or it's "disgusting"
higgs334
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ANM775)
Did you not read the OP, or did you skim read and see 16 and 29 and decide to get some reps and jump on the peado bandwagon. she clearly said he is the sort of guy not to make a move on her. SHE is the one with the crush, not him.

and at 18 most it's pretty normal for someone that age to find a 16 year old attractive, you're basically saying that a year 13 cannot like a year 12 or it's "disgusting"
The fact that theyre even talking is wrong.

Interesting, i always see you here defending predators. Maybe youve been in an inappropriate relationship and this is your guilty conscience.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by bones-mccoy)
Jfc I'd be running for the hills
Would you be running for the hills if it were the 1700s and you were brought up in a society with entirely different views , as well as the fact this may have been normal back then? Is your moral compass determined by where you live and how you were raised?
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The fact that theyre even talking is wrong.

Interesting, i always see you here defending predators. Maybe youve been in an inappropriate relationship and this is your guilty conscience.

I'm sorry, please point to the part in the OP where the man in question is being predatory?

and where does it say they are "talking"?

It's a girl with a crush on an upstanding 29 year old christian man by the looks of things.

No defending of predators, because the man isn't one.
NickMbugua
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Bruh
when you were 1, he was 13
when you were 10, he was 23
just because you are 16 does not mean that you have to go ride the cocky
Rumaisa5776
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Your still a minor so if you are hoping to have a relationship I suggest you wait until your legally an adult so no one gets in trouble and make sure you clearly think this through i.e. is this really what you want?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (412)
67.21%
No (201)
32.79%

Watched Threads