Turn on thread page Beta

Feminist Entrepreneur Opens Women Only Island Where Men Are Not Allowed watch

ReputationRep:
    The perfect world in feminism is one free of men, ruled over by women. Feminists call this the "feminist utopia". It is a very common idea in books from the feminist and early woman’s movement. Feminist icon Charlotte Perkins Gilman describes this feminist utopia in Herland a book she wrote in the early 1900s, as a world ruled by white women “of aryan stock” where the inferior gender that is man and inferior races of coloured people are bread out by these “aryan women” through eugenics. This book, believe it or not, is one example from hundreds if not thousands of books written by feminists and women from the early woman’s movement since the mid-1800s promoting a world free of men, ruled over by women.

Today feminists such as entrepreneur Kristina Roth have started bringing this feminist ambition to reality. She has created a women only island where no men are allowed which she calls “SuperShe”…(lol)

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/13/finl...allow-men.html

What do you think of this? Is this feminist inspired discrimination justified?

ReputationRep:
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    Ahaha, as much as I am against this I most definitely want to visit this island and see what it's actually like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZombieTheWolf)
    Ahaha, as much as I am against this I most definitely want to visit this island and see what it's actually like
    Here's your answer.

ReputationRep:
    Quite a terrible idea tbh, kinda funny

ReputationRep:
    Person refuses to allow any Tom, ****, or Harry onto her private land is not really news.

ReputationRep:
    Switch the roles and what do we have?

Outrage.

ReputationRep:
    Part of me wants to sneak onto the Island and run around while they try to catch me. Mabe I'll wear a costume, something sexist to troll them. Ironically, it'll be a bunch of male police officers that'll have to come and arrest me.

ReputationRep:
    I like it when there is a clash between market fundamentalism and the rights reactionary need to **** on feminism at any opportunity...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieButter)
    The perfect world in feminism is one free of men, ruled over by women. Feminists call this the "feminist utopia". It is a very common idea in books from the feminist and early woman’s movement. Feminist icon Charlotte Perkins Gilman describes this feminist utopia in Herland a book she wrote in the early 1900s, as a world ruled by white women “of aryan stock” where the inferior gender that is man and inferior races of coloured people are bread out by these “aryan women” through eugenics. This book, believe it or not, is one example from hundreds if not thousands of books written by feminists and women from the early woman’s movement since the mid-1800s promoting a world free of men, ruled over by women.

Today feminazis such as entrepreneur Kristina Roth have started bringing this feminist ambition to reality. She has created a women only island where no men are allowed which she calls “SuperShe”…(lol)
    Find full movie, a great comedy.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/13/finl...allow-men.html

(Original post by CookieButter)
    What do you think of this? Is this feminist inspired discrimination justified?
    I don't care. Her island, her rules.

I believe that among intelligent people, there is no case of sexism or whatever anything like this.

ReputationRep:
    Comparing a women's-only holiday island to literal Nazism is a bit of a stretch. It's really no big deal.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    that's descrimination

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RickHendricks)
    Switch the roles and what do we have?

Outrage.
    Yep, I can't imagine anyone would be silent, or some egging on (as I have seen some articles do so, one of the top of my head would be Cosmopolitan: https://www.cosmopolitan.com/lifesty...ust-for-women/) the idea of a 'mens-only island' - there's no reason that we should completely exclude any gender on a holiday resort...

ReputationRep:
    Really don't get what the big deal is?? If she opened the island she probably bought it and now owns it, so she can pretty much do what ever the fck she wants with it. It's a free country after all. I suggest stop these petty attempts to take jabs at random people doing their own thing with ludicrous jumps to conclusions and find a better way to spend your time because quite frankly, this isn't helping anyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Radioactivedecay)
    Really don't get what the big deal is?? If she opened the island she probably bought it and now owns it, so she can pretty much do what ever the fck she wants with it. It's a free country after all. I suggest stop these petty attempts to take jabs at random people doing their own thing with ludicrous jumps to conclusions and find a better way to spend your time because quite frankly, this isn't helping anyone.
    If a man had done the same and said that only men are allowed it, I can assure you that there would be outrage from feminists.

ReputationRep:
    Reminds me of that time there was a concert that prevented men from entering in (I think) Sweden. It's just going to get worse and worse, the left really are regressive.

ReputationRep:
    If a man had done the same and said that only men are allowed it, I can assure you that there would be outrage from feminists.
    If there was a word to define feminism it would be hypocrisy...the practice of claiming to have moral standards to which one's actions do not conform.

ReputationRep:
    So? All you have to do is show them some sort of reciept to prove you own the place, it's not illegal to not allow someone access into your property unless you're denying a service, which is also legal in some places.

If I opened an island and didnt allow any women and there was an outrage, I simply wouldn't care because at the end of the day I'm under no obligation, legal or moral to allow any certain person onto my property.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Radioactivedecay)
    So? All you have to do is show them some sort of reciept to prove you own the place, it's not illegal to not allow someone access into your property unless you're denying a service, which is also legal in some places.

If I opened an island and didnt allow any women and there was an outrage, I simply wouldn't care because at the end of the day I'm under no obligation, legal or moral to allow any certain person onto my property.
    Yes but then there's the matter of something called respect in the social world, which would deteriorate for a man if he had made something like this.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  vampire cookiebutter.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  44.5 KB

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.