Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,

I’m doing a current report on what kind of music people are into. I’m doing this for Music Week at our school
    Just answer these following questions:

Genre -
    Why you like it -
    Artists you listen to -
    Song you like you’ve listened to recently -

And if you like different types of music, please tell me more!

I personally like Indies/Alternative/Rock music, so if you want to give me some reccomendations then please do!

Current song I’m listening to: Painkiller by Saints of Valory.

- roses.wys
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Genre- Rock
    Why you like it - it's traditional northern working class music - (and also disco)
    Artists you listen to - kaiser chiefs, arctic monkeys, kasabian, the killers, the white stripes, the fratellis, franz ferdinand, snow patrol, the clash, beegees

ReputationRep:
    Genre - Classic Rock
    Why you like it - Perfect music for road trips, almost everyone knows classic rock songs so you can all have fun. I feel like it brings people and memories together.
    Artists you listen to - No one in particular sorry, I prefer playlists lol
    Hotel California

ReputationRep:
    lots of stuff from R&B, electro house,pop, rap and some other weird stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roses.wys)
    Hello all,

I’m doing a current report on what kind of music people are into. I’m doing this for Music Week at our school
    Just answer these following questions:

Genre -
    Why you like it -
    Artists you listen to -

And if you like different types of music, please tell me more!

I personally like Indies/Alternative/Rock music, so if you want to give me some reccomendations then please do!

Current song I’m listening to: Painkiller by Saints of Valory.

- roses.wys
    Genre - House
    Why you like it - The rhythm
    Artists you listen to - DJ’s who most people wouldn’t know
    Song you like you’ve listened to recently - Petit Biscuit - Problems (Shallou Remix)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Genre - Catstep, tracestep, future funk/bass (yes these are real lol)
    Why you like it - Energetic, no distracting lyrics, just gets me pumped up and excited for whatever's on my mind
    Artists you listen to - she, fusq, Snail's House
    Song you like you’ve listened to recently - Listening to BASSLINE 5000 by android52 at this moment

Genre - Early Modern Classical
    Why you like it - Soothing, gives me a sense of the grandness of the world. Also sometimes delightfully wistful
    Artists you listen to - Ralph Vaughan Williams, Frederick Delius, Aaron Copland
    Song you like you’ve listened to recently - Prelude to '49th Parallel' by Vaughan Williams
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Moved to Music.

ReputationRep:
    1)EDM
    2) idk it just sounds the best, especially the drops
    3) Alan Walker, Martin Garrix, Porter Robinson, Jonas Blue, Kygo

Songs (a lot):

Spoiler:
    Show

Faded - Alan Walker
    Alone - Marshmello
    Forever - Martin Garrix
    Shelter - Porter Robinson
    The Spectre - Alan Walker
    Stranger Things - Kygo
    Something Just Like This - The Chainsmokers
    Breathe - Jax Jones
    So Far Away - Martin Garrix
    Sky - Alan Walker
    It Ain't Me - Kygo
    Sing Me To Sleep - Alan Walker
    Scared To Be Lonely - Martin Garrix
    Mama - Jonas Blue
    Ghost Voices - Porter Robinson
    In The Name Of Love - Martin Garrix
    Fast Car - Jonas Blue
    More Than You Know - Axwell Ingrosso
    Alone - Alan Walker
    Divinity - Porter Robinson

ReputationRep:
    Genre - Alternative/indie rock, grunge though that is dead, punk or pop punk though that is almost dead too

Why you like it - I like rock in general but indie is better for relaxing/chillin/brooding 'cos it's slower and more uh contemplative and punk is better for lifting weights/cycling/running/etc 'cos it's faster and more explosive.

Artists you listen to - right now I will mention the bands I spam nonstop 'cos otherwise the list is too long -> NOFX, Death Cab, Fall Out Boy, Depeche Mode, Dead Kennedys, OffSpring

Song you like you’ve listened to recently - Anything from the aforementioned bands, Spin Doctors - Two Princes (amazing), Johnny Cash - I walk the line (although Cash is obvs neither alt rock nor punk, I like the cowboy/yeehaw vibes his songs give)

ReputationRep:
    K pop
    Idk it's really colourful and vibrant and includes a wide range of variety
    Bts, jay park, ikon, btob, seventeen and loads more
    Listening to mic drop bts next is love scenario ikon

ReputationRep:
    Metal, hip-hop, (some) disco, funk, jazz, protest music, trad celtic.

Basically I like all of this **** because each makes me feel something.

Irish Brigade, Wolfe Tones, Kampfar, Emperor, J5, Budsdriver, Rakim, OMD, Freestyle Fellowship, Self Jupiter, Bee Gees, Chic, Coltrane, Al Di Meola, Paco de Lucia, Martin Miller, HEAT, Frank Carter, Slayer, Savage Messiah, Maighread Ni Dhomhnaill, Julie Fowlis,

Most played today:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWewoMBrLpU

ReputationRep:
    currently listening to Johnny Was by Bob Marley and the Wailers (reggae), and about to listen to the punk version by Stiff Little Fingers.

The Wailers speaks to my soul, SLF's version is just exciting. So I like it. And both artists are important to my English and British heritage, my neighbourhood has mostly Caribbean and white British and all my friends are either Caribbean or white Briton so I love reggae and edm mixes of reggae (jungle, drum and bass, grime, garage, rave). And I love UK punk, not USA punk. USA punk has no heart.

I like Oi! genre, its classic UK rock, a cousin of punk. Im just in a patriotic mood, music wise. :headbang:

I was listening to American blues earlier but it made me sad and sleepy.

ReputationRep:
    Genre: Lo-fidelity Hip Hop (no I promise i'm not a hipster :lol:)

Why you like it: Calm, Relaxing, Chill; melancholy feelings, nostalgic...beautiful :love:
    Although the genre itself isn't well known, it's incorporated into multiple rap music, especially XXXtentacion

Artists you listen too: Anyone on ChilledCow haha. J'san, jhfly, idealism (holy crap this dude), Through and Through, boxboys (a lot)

Songs you have recently listened too: Idealism- Lonely, Idealism-Another Perspective, Idealism-Last time, jhfly-learjets and coupes (odd remix of Biggie smalls in this aha)

ReputationRep:
    Genre-Grime and Drill
    Why you like it: I only like the ones with deeper lyrics and it fits my reality. Another way of saying whats going around me.
    Artists: Dave, Harlem Spartans, Loski
    Recently listened to: Hazards and DJ Khaled by Loski

ReputationRep:
    Genre: Trap, Classical music, RnB, hip-hop, rap, rock, orchestral, future bass, swing, soca, house music, soul music, dance pop, dubstep, post britpop, new wave, alternative rock, electronica, experimental music, R&B, soul, indie pop, dream pop...... And the list goes on... So everything under the sun really haha

Why I like it: Because it pleases my ears. All the beats give you a different feeling. For example, classical makes you feel almost dreamlike, it gives you a sense of grandness about everything, Kero-Kero Bonito puts you in a fun mood, San Holo's music is amazing nuff said. All artists just bring something new to the table, experiment with music in a different way...
    Artists I listen to: Kero Kero Bonito, San Holo, Keane, Celine Dion, Coldplay, Martin Garrix, Various Rap artists, Various trap artists, James Everingham, Dave, Rapman, The Weeknd just to name a few that I love.
    Songs I've listened to recently: Ready Player One - Pure Imagination, Rapman: Shiro's story, twenty one pilots - Heathens, Various Pentatonix songs, Tchaikovsky - Waltz of the Flowers, Gustav Holst - Jupiter.

And we can't forget my mans Jimothy Lacoste all his music is BANGING.

ReputationRep:
    I've been listening to a lot of Muse recently. They do a lot of genres but I guess it's mainly alternative rock.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Anything that sounds good to my ears

ReputationRep:
    Genre: I don't actually know.

Why I like it: Makes me feel happy I guess. I also used to use music to calm myself down/relax (anxiety). The lyrics are also cool.

Artists: The Script, Coldplay, Green Day, Oasis, The Fray.

Recent songs: The Scientist - Coldplay, You Found Me - The Fray, Boulevard Of Broken Dreams - Green Day, For the First Time - The Script.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gjd800)
    Metal, hip-hop, (some) disco, funk, jazz, protest music, trad celtic.

Basically I like all of this **** because each makes me feel something.

Irish Brigade, Wolfe Tones, Kampfar, Emperor, J5, Budsdriver, Rakim, OMD, Freestyle Fellowship, Self Jupiter, Bee Gees, Chic, Coltrane, Al Di Meola, Paco de Lucia, Martin Miller, HEAT, Frank Carter, Slayer, Savage Messiah, Maighread Ni Dhomhnaill, Julie Fowlis,

Most played today:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWewoMBrLpU
    How was the concert la :headbang:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bang Outta Order)
    How was the concert la :headbang:
    Good fun! Also LOUD, haha :laugh:

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.