Want more information about this university?

Any Independent Estranged Students in Lancaster Uni?

Watch
2Livnlol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Sorry if it's a bit of a personal question.

I found this charity website (h)http://www.thestandalonepledge.org.u.../22-north-west) that show the data of estranged students within various unis, but there is no data on my own university, Lancaster :rolleyes:. I thought it might be nice to get to know other estranged students like me so that we can help each other out etc.

wolto
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 2Livnlol)
Sorry if it's a bit of a personal question.

I found this charity website (h)http://www.thestandalonepledge.org.u.../22-north-west) that show the data of estranged students within various unis, but there is no data on my own university, Lancaster :rolleyes:. I thought it might be nice to get to know other estranged students like me so that we can help each other out etc.

what do you mean by estranged
2Livnlol
Rep:
?
(Original post by wolto)
what do you mean by estranged
By "estranged" I basically mean students that have permanently lost contact with their parents or a particular family member. This is a somewhat oversimplified definition, but it does the job. For some, it might mean permanently losing their parents because their parents behaviour endangers them if they stay with their parents. For others, it might be that their parents left their family without saying a word, cutting off all contact. This in turn can be difficult for estranged students as many will have zero financial and emotional support during university, and for most of them, housing during the summer is a huge issue, because unlike most students, they do not have a family home to go to during the holidays.

Here's some information from the New York Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/20/w...rangement.html
2Livnlol
Rep:
?
Sorry for the repeat post above :')
ejayfree3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m an estranged student with an unconditional offer for Psychology to start in October! What have you applied for? ☺️
Lancaster University Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ejayfree3)
I’m an estranged student with an unconditional offer for Psychology to start in October! What have you applied for? ☺️
2Livnlol It may be great to reach out to each other to connect before you join Lancaster.

There is a lot of support that can be provided when you arrive at Lancaster so please do not hestitate to let your Welcome Week Rep know and they should be able to point you in the right direction

Georgia
Student Ambassador
2Livnlol
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Sorry for the late reply haha. I have applied for Physics
ejayfree3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, are you in your first year too or still applying?
2Livnlol
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, are you in your first year too or still applying?
I'm in the third year
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (83)
18.74%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (90)
20.32%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (84)
18.96%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (96)
21.67%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (44)
9.93%
I haven't started researching yet (46)
10.38%

Watched Threads