Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I’m really interested in both these degrees but i’m not sure which one to pursue. Which is better career wise, such as job opportunities, salary etc, mainly i. pharmaceuticals/clinical work
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    That’s really a very broad question. Both have high paying opportunities and Botha have low paying opportunities. It would depend on how far you choose to take either discipline. Both are also clinically relevant and are specialties of laboratory medicine employed in both biomedical scientist’s job role and clinical scientist’s job role. I would leave your final choice, ultimately, to which subject you feel would benefit your learning journey the most. Which would give you the most return for your intellectual investment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveboi115)
    That’s really a very broad question. Both have high paying opportunities and Botha have low paying opportunities. It would depend on how far you choose to take either discipline. Both are also clinically relevant and are specialties of laboratory medicine employed in both biomedical scientist’s job role and clinical scientist’s job role. I would leave your final choice, ultimately, to which subject you feel would benefit your learning journey the most. Which would give you the most return for your intellectual investment?
    I have no idea, they’re both so interesting really can’t decide!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r34h4n)
    I have no idea, they’re both so interesting really can’t decide!
    Well having studied both as modules on my course o do have a minor insight. What is your ultimate goal? What makes you tick? Is it the clinical route you’re wishing to head down? If so I can explain a little more as to what’s involved with each discipline in an NHS pathology lab!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    If you're wanting to work in a NHS laboratory as a Biomedical Scientist then these degree's are absolutely the wrong route. They're not IBMS-accredited for a start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RegisteredBMS)
    If you're wanting to work in a NHS laboratory as a Biomedical Scientist then these degree's are absolutely the wrong route. They're not IBMS-accredited for a start.
    no i’d like to go down the industrial route into pharmaceuticals

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.