The Student Room Group

Joining a gym and losing weight

I am 16 and Around 105 kg, if you did not know this is incredibly overweight, and I was wondering if joining a gym would be the best idea for me or trying to do it on my own be better.

I have tried to lose weight before, around three years ago I managed to get it down to around 85 kg.
eh why not , going gym is great
Original post by _15x_
I am 16 and Around 105 kg, if you did not know this is incredibly overweight, and I was wondering if joining a gym would be the best idea for me or trying to do it on my own be better.

I have tried to lose weight before, around three years ago I managed to get it down to around 85 kg.

Finish your GCSE's then lose the weight.
Reply 3
Definitly join a gym. And when u do, remember that nothing happends overnight.
You will get fast results, but you wont get results by the hour.

The most important thing is to keep up your head and continue to go, even tho you will feel tired and urgent to quit. U need to suck it up and go. I promise it will be the best thing that ever happend to you if you just stick it out for the first weeks.

Its a mental game, if you can believe it, you will achieve it.
Reply 4
Original post by _15x_

I can tell by your writing on here that you don't have the willpower to lose any serious amount of weight. Just don't bother trying, you will waste money.
Original post by _15x_

You can always try to eat smarter for example eating smaller portions and reducing the amount of calories you eat or even cutting out junky food etc
Diet and Gym. Make dem gainnnss.
Original post by futbol
I can tell by your writing on here that you don't have the willpower to lose any serious amount of weight. Just don't bother trying, you will waste money.

How can you tell this from someone's writing?

Besides, he has a history of cutting his weight down to 85kg previously.

It is advisable to cut down from 105kg to avoid, among other things, type 2 diabetes.
Reply 8
Original post by _15x_

Do regular jogs and eat smart when i was losing weight for a boxing match i always drink lemon water before i go sleep and it is very efficient im quite underweight and it worked.but its all mental though a diet was even harder than the training.dont bother going gym.do regular home exersizes and steadily increase intensity each time.btw im 16 aswell
Reply 9
Original post by Mill Hill
How can you tell this from someone's writing?

Besides, he has a history of cutting his weight down to 85kg previously.

It is advisable to cut down from 105kg to avoid, among other things, type 2 diabetes.

Errrr it's called reading between the lines! :dunce:

They will just put it back on, they will waste their money if they join a gym. Trust me, I know the science behind it.
Reply 10
Also how tall r u?
Original post by Hal_01
Also how tall r u?

This OP.

You could be 6'6 and 105kg and that'd make you a tank.
Original post by futbol
Errrr it's called reading between the lines! :dunce:

They will just put it back on, they will waste their money if they join a gym. Trust me, I know the science behind it.

Well, what is the 'science' behind it? Enlighten us.

And what do you see as the solution? In order to avoid, among other things, type 2 diabetes.
Reply 13
Original post by Bulletzone
This OP.

You could be 6'6 and 105kg and that'd make you a tank.

Yh thats why i asked,he could be a tank or he could be 5'8 and have serious issues

Quick Reply

Latest