This discussion is closed.
username3889600
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I don't know why I picked it but I did. worst decision of my life. it Is sooooooo hard and you have to learn so many facts, and also how to code. literally the majority of my class except for proper neeks get like 50 percent or less
Hirsty97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Wow. You have to learn to code in CS? What ridiculously high standards they place on you. Shocking.
Rehman Mallah
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Fenando1400)
I don't know why I picked it but I did. worst decision of my life. it Is sooooooo hard and you have to learn so many facts, and also how to code. literally the majority of my class except for proper neeks get like 50 percent or less
What did you expect? ofc there is gonna be theory and coding....
username3889600
Rep:
?
This is gcses tho so its not tooo bad
username3434964
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
GCSE... Not degree
username3434964
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Honestly OP.. what did you expect??

It is obviously nothing like IT - it is a completely different subject.
Of course you are gonna have to learn to code - how is that a bad thing?? I try to do that in my spare time
And I find the theory interesting, especially compared to other subjects like design technology
Zaspo
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What kind of teachers do you have? they are trying to make your code in Computer science! Lmao
rudic990
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You can either do it or you can't tbh, still a huge learning curve though and you won't know till you try! Good money in that field later in life and lots of opportunities!
shamedan21
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This is gcses tho so its not tooo bad
i did computing gcse and i didnt know anything about code whereas my whole class knew somehow, i managed to come out with an A at GCSE which im priud of considering i got a D in my mock so i suggest reading the textbook of your exam board if you are given one they are really useful make notes from those for theory. in terms of coding i suggest websites like codecademy or you can find video tutorials online. Worst case just ask your teacher for some extra help, can't hurt. good luck
Loci Pi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
We had no teacher for over a year and our class has now had to fit 2-3 years of the syllabus into about 9 months.
username3889600
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zaspo)
What kind of teachers do you have? they are trying to make your code in Computer science! Lmao
omg the teachers r so bad for cs and there are not many resources online. why is it funny that they make us code? it is computer science after all
Zaspo
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
omg the teachers r so bad for cs and there are not many resources online. why is it funny that they make us code? it is computer science after all
Its suppose to be sarcasm! because he is complaining that coding is hard.
shamedan21
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
our teacher did the same thing but OCR found out and said that they would not mark any of our coursework and would determine our grade off theory exam
username3434964
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This guy is really good

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsB...able_polymer=1

He has playlists for different examboards covering the whole spec. He explains it well. He also uploaded videos with tips on how to revise from his other videos. He also goes through the exam papers.
username3889600
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bill Nye)
This guy is really good

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsB...able_polymer=1

He has playlists for different examboards covering the whole spec. He explains it well. He also uploaded videos with tips on how to revise from his other videos. He also goes through the exam papers.

jheeze I rate that bro. Cheers
Svesh
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yh tbf gcse cs teachers cant teach. I mostly learnt everything my self using forums and some cheating and somehow got an A
nikkiblonsky
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by username3889600)
first of all dont call people neeks just because they're doing better than u academically and sceond. You should do more research of it outside of school like buy a textbook for your exam board and make flashcards on the theory and practice coding like maybe goin to a club that does that
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by nikkiblonsky)
first of all dont call people neeks just because they're doing better than u academically and sceond. You should do more research of it outside of school like buy a textbook for your exam board and make flashcards on the theory and practice coding like maybe goin to a club that does that
2 years ago, hopefully OP has grown up a bit and stopped being so immature.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (7)
16.67%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (11)
26.19%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (24)
57.14%

Watched Threads