The Student Room Group

Anyone studying WJEC A levelEnglish Literature ?

Would love to know how your school does it ? Haven’t found anyone yet
My school does! What kind of thing do you want to know?
For the unseen prose paper are you just learning one period in depth or both ? And how in depth is the knowledge of AO5 quotes supposed to be ?
For unseen prose we're just learning one but we haven't been taught much context at all because we're doing Lady Windermere's Fan for one of our plays, so the context for that is pretty much the same as the 1890-1910 period. How about you? I'm assuming you mean critical quotes? I'm just learning a few for each themes and names, but the examiner is highly unlikely to know the critic or their exact words, so we've been told we can pretty much make them up (although I wouldn't recommend this!). They particularly like it if you challenge a critical view e.g. saying this critic/ school of criticism believes... however it could be said... . AO5 is really just for 'alternative interpretations' so technically you don't need to know any quotes; just different schools of criticism e.g. Marxist, feminist etc, so I wouldn't say you need them in much depth particularly. Hope that helps!

Quick Reply