The Student Room Group

GCSE French

I just got my French mocks and they were BAD. I got a 3 in reading and writing and a 4 in listening with a 6 in speaking. I believe I can achieve more and I am doing higher. Does anybody have any advice on how I can get higher grades in writing and reading?
Original post by Chelsea Leo
I just got my French mocks and they were BAD. I got a 3 in reading and writing and a 4 in listening with a 6 in speaking. I believe I can achieve more and I am doing higher. Does anybody have any advice on how I can get higher grades in writing and reading?

For reading, it's mostly just knowing your vocabulary and also lots of practice. Knowledge of grammar helps too, as then you will learn to see the various verbs in their conjugated forms and know what they mean, and you'll have a better understanding of sentence structure. This also helps massively for writing as it will improve your accuracy and ability to put sentences together. Practice is also recommended for writing. Get teacher feedback and see what mistakes you are consistently making so that you can put them right. Even fixing just a few separate common errors can very much improve the overall quality of your writing.
Reply 2
Anybody got anything?
Original post by Chelsea Leo
Anybody got anything?

See above :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest