The Student Room Group

Regression question

Hi,

I am trying to figure out what the title should be for the linear regression graph that I have constructed. I have done some research and found that normally the title is . Variable x versus variable Y. Is this acceptable?

Thank you
Original post by coconut64
Hi,

I am trying to figure out what the title should be for the linear regression graph that I have constructed. I have done some research and found that normally the title is . Variable x versus variable Y. Is this acceptable?

Thank you

It would be acceptable, but a little bit dull! Also, how you title graphs depends very much upon context - is this for a school assignment?

My practice is to label the axes with "variable x (units)", "variable y (units)" and then to chooses a title that describes what the plot is intended to show. For example "Relationship between blood pressure and age - with fitted regression line".
Reply 2
Original post by Gregorius
It would be acceptable, but a little bit dull! Also, how you title graphs depends very much upon context - is this for a school assignment?

My practice is to label the axes with "variable x (units)", "variable y (units)" and then to chooses a title that describes what the plot is intended to show. For example "Relationship between blood pressure and age - with fitted regression line".

Taking your example, would it be presentable to use the title ' linear regression for relationship between blood pressure and age? '

Thanks
Original post by coconut64
Taking your example, would it be presentable to use the title ' linear regression for relationship between blood pressure and age? '

Thanks

Yes.

Quick Reply

Latest